wake from bluetooth inconsistency

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by broncopde, Dec 24, 2007.

1. broncopde macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I use apple's aluminum wireless bluetooth mouse and keyboard with my 12 inch powerbook 1.5 GHz with leopard installed. I have the box checked to have the computer wake from sleep when the bluetooth device activates. If my laptop is charging, I move the mouse and the computer wakes right up, but if the powerbook is simply running off the battery then it will not wake from the mouse or the keyboard. Any ideas what's up? Any help is greatly appreciated. I have the laptop hooked up to an external 22 inch so I'd really like to be able to close the laptop while working on the lcd moniter.

2. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

Your PowerBook can only operate in clasmshell (lid-closed) mode when plugged in to it's adapter. You have have a few options to get around this issue:

Plug in the power cord, wake the machine, open the lid and unplug the power. Your computer will continue to run with the internal display turned off.

Plug in your external monitor while not plugged in. Navigate to System Preferences > Displays > Arraignments and enable screen mirroring. Then dim your internal display until the backlight is turned off.

Really, the problem has nothing to do with bluetooh or your keyboard, but the fact that portable Macs cannot operate in clamshell mode when not plugged in the wall.

3. broncopde thread starter macrumors 6502

Interesting, thanks for the information. So no mac laptop can do this? Why is that exactly?