wake from sleep - can see desktop before password box

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by mirzank, Aug 30, 2013.

1. mirzank macrumors regular

So this is an odd bug that i saw in dp1, and despite being on the latest dp the issue persists.

if my macbook screen is off and i wake it up (but not sleep mode), or if my macbook is in sleep mode and wakes from sleep, i'll see the desktop first, and then a password box popups up asking me for password to unlock.

I havent seen this mentioned anywhere and seems like a bit of a privacy concern. was wondering if others are having this issue.

and yes i know its a beta. just checking if i'm the only one or if its a universal issue.

2. Bear macrumors G3

Have you filed a bug report with Apple? Privacy/security issues should be reported to them as with any bug in Mavericks.

3. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

I've never seen that behavior. It seems to be an interesting bug.

4. mirzank thread starter macrumors regular

i generally check to see if my issue has already been reported. hate flooding with bug reports. plus I hadn't read anything about this kind of behaviour so just trying to see if someone else had come across it and it was so common noboyd was bothering discussing it or just because nobody else had the issue.

Also if i have an unserious bug I try to see if i can do anything to fix it for the time being until the final fixed version gets released...thus the discussion.

5. ATC macrumors 6502a

I haven't experienced this bug myself but please file a BR anyways. Apple wants to hear from as many people as possible because certain bugs only affect certain hardware and configurations; the bigger the sampling the better the chances they'd be able to zap it in a timely manner, hopefully before GM.