Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glen4cindy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2005
Brand new MacBook Pro, less than 1 month old. I immediately upgraded to Yosemite, I'm currently at 10.10.1, and this is only occurring when I wake from sleeping like overnight.

After a few seconds, the cursor is happily blinking at me in the login box, but, it will not respond to input, and the mouse will not respond. After several seconds, the screen goes dark.

I then have to press the power button, wait a few seconds, and then I can enter my password, and everything wakes up.

I've tried a PRAM reset, and am currently running a factory configuration save the upgrade to Yosemite. I've only installed a few apps such as Chrome and Adobe Reader.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Ipadlover29

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2011
I have a similar issue with my 15" macbook pro retina. Ever since I upgraded to yosemite it wakes up from sleep in the middle of the night for a little while and then goes back to sleep. I do have power nap and wake for wifi network access disabled. I wondering if enabling the firewall and enabling block all incoming notifications will help or not.

retinaimac

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2014
On the World
Seems to be known issue in Yosemite that has been reported over and over by beta testers but not yet resolved. Sometimes, but not always, my rimac wakes to a black screen and cursor only and I have to use power button to shut down and restart.:mad: My wife has 2013 macbook pro retina on mavericks and doesnt have this issue.

glen4cindy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2005
I have performed a in place reinstall over the Internet by booting with
Option-R and this issue has disappeared.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.