Wake from sleep on the 13" rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PatriotInvasion, Jan 30, 2013.

1. PatriotInvasion macrumors 65816

PatriotInvasion

So, every so often, I'll open up my sleeping 13" rMBP and the screen will be black. I've seen some threads on this around the web.

A few times, I've done a hard reset of the machine, but recently I've noticed that if I wait 30 seconds or so, the screen will turn on and be fine. This usually only happens after being asleep for awhile.

There also seems to be a correlation with a backup to my Time Capsule initiating at the same time I open the machine because once the screen turns on I see the Time Machine icon spinning. I wonder if it's a bug with Power Nap and backups while sleeping.

Anyone else notice this?

2. KPOM macrumors G5

I've seen the same behavior on MacBook Airs since Lion came out. I haven't been able to isolate a cause, but it happens rarely enough that I don't worry about it.

3. 1member1 macrumors 6502

When i open my rmbp 13 from sleep i see immediately the open applications i had before.
    i don't have to wait.

4. jmelick07 macrumors member

My rmbp will always come up black and then do a screen flash from sleep. Sometimes it will even have a static looking screen when I open it from sleep and then flash back to whatever I had open before. Should I take it in for this?

5. PatriotInvasion thread starter macrumors 65816

PatriotInvasion

I'm guessing there's a software glitch going on with this. Probably not a hardware issue as I've seen a number of threads with people complaining about similar issues.

6. tmanto02 macrumors 65816

tmanto02

Yeah mine does that too. Often i will open it, the screen lights up immediately but frozen for a few secs. It happens to the MacBook Airs too. It must be a software glitch related to the flash memory cause my old classic MacBook Pro woke up immediately. I asked a mate who works for Apple as a rep for resellers, they are all supplied with MacBook Airs and he said that all the reps have discussed the same issue.

7. chrise2 macrumors 6502

I have this problem too. The lock screen always comes up fast, but its non-responsive. I can't enter my password. The battery, wifi and time displays are old too. After a few seconds, sometimes 10 or more, it comes to life and I can enter my password and be on my way. My 13" retina does this as well as my 2010 11" Air. I deal.

8. mfram macrumors 65816

Same experience. Every once in a while I opened the laptop from when it was sleeping and get no response. Have to use a long-press of the power button to bring it back to life. It happened on my old MBA and still happens on my rMBP 13.