Wake to watch face or last used app

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jabingla2810, Apr 30, 2015.

1. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

While I wait for my Apple Watch, this setting has peaked my interest.

How have you got this setting set?

My first thoughts are that waking to the watch face everytime makes the most sense.

However, when I think of something like, a shopping list, I think waking to the last used app makes more sense. Raising my wrist to see my shopping list, and ticking off items, is what I would want in that situation.

So how are you lucky people who have the watch using this setting?

2. rickshill macrumors member

I have it set to last app...seems to work the best....the time is in the corner of most every running app!

3. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

4. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

5. ventmore macrumors 6502a

I originally thought I'd want to set it to show the last used app, but then realised, that the vast majority of the times I glance at it, I'm going to want to see the time.

For those occasions when I do want to check off a shopping list or something......a quick double tap of the crown will bring me back to the last used app.

6. jabingla2810 thread starter macrumors 68020

That sounds ideal to me.

Think I'll go with showing the watch face by default.

7. Crosspjc macrumors member

Last used app. This is important if you are using fitness apps as its a pain to swap back and the Nike app broke when it was in watch face.

8. Beechy macrumors member

Beechy

I have mine set to clock. However, this setting should be controlled by the app you are using.... Apples own Fitness app has this ability...

When you use the fitness app and are tracking a run / walk / whatever, the 'wake to watch face' is ignored, and raising your wrist opens the fitness app so you can track how your session is going.

We need this function in other fitness apps, like Nike+. Currently their iPhone app tells you to change the setting to 'last used app', which is a massive faff. The apps should be able to mimic the fitness behaviour.

:)

9. simonx314 macrumors regular

If you were last using Remote, the Watch wakes to Remote regardless of this setting. I like this, it allows me to control my TV faster.

10. bjdraw macrumors 6502a

Face. The last used app is only a double tap of the crown away.

11. Sphyrna macrumors regular

I have mine set to the watch face. If I need to get back to an app I was using I just double-tap the digital crown button.