wake up mini without mouse or keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by donw35, Jun 5, 2012.

1. donw35 macrumors regular

donw35

I use teleport between my Mac Pro and my Mac Mini, any idea's of how to wake up a Mac Mini without a Keyboard or Mouse connected ?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you're on the same network, Screen Sharing should wake it. If not, you can use Caffeine to temporarily override your energy saver settings and keep your Mac awake with a click on the Menu Bar icon. Another click turns it off.

3. marcelmfa macrumors member

4. spacesamurai macrumors member

spacesamurai

5. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

There is a setting for this in system prefs. I think it's in energy saver. Something along the lines of wake on LAN

6. DrakkenWar macrumors 6502

DrakkenWar

Wake on LAN

While I see "Wake on LAN" on my 10.5 and 10.6 machines. I don't see it here with 10.7.x.
    But, as has been said before, one of the easiest ways to wake a mac without a keyboard and/or need for one is via screen sharing. I know I do this multiple times a day from either my laptop down in the kitchen to my mini here in my office upstairs, or my wife's macbook across the hall. Works every time, and does not necessitate the install of yet another program.

So unless you are running your mini CLI, this seems to be the easiest fix for the issue at hand.

7. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

It's there on my iMac running 10.7. Second checkbox down in the energy saver pref pane.

8. DrakkenWar macrumors 6502

DrakkenWar

I stand corrected!

Correct and right where you said it would be. An oversite on my part. Thanks much for setting the record strait.

9. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

No problem. It seems like they've reorganized some of the other items in system prefs with recent updates so I wasn't sure if they had moved it to a different location.

10. flatfoot macrumors 65816

Pressing (not holding) the power button should wake it up, too...