Wake up monitor from stand-by automatically

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ULEE, Sep 15, 2008.

1. ULEE macrumors member

Hello guys,

I recently purchased a Dell 2709W display to use it with my Macbook Pro. So far I am really satisfied with the screen.

One issue I have had to deal with is to wake up the monitor from stand-by mode after wakeing up the Macbook Pro. I used to have a display from Acer where this would happen automatically - the monitor would switch from stand-by to on as soon as I woke up the mbp but now with the Dell monitor I always have to push the button on the Dell monitor to turn it off completely and then turn it on again so its recognized by the mbp.

This is a little annoying when I want to use the computer with remote buddy while laying in bed because I cant just wake up everything with the remote but have to get up and tap the button on the display...

Does anybody now if there is a way to fix this? I didnt find any drivers from Dell to be used with OS X...Julian.

2. waw74 macrumors 68030

from the dell site
    http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/monitors/2709W/EN/ug/solve.htm#Common%20Problems

3. ULEE thread starter macrumors member

The monitor does go into power save it just does not recognize the connected mbp when the mbp is turned back on from sleeping mode, so the mbp wakes up but the monitor stays in stand-by mode. Only if I turn the monitor off and on again the signal coming from the mbp is being recognized.

I have always run the mbp with a closed lid.

4. ULEE thread starter macrumors member