Wake up pencil?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by qtrim, Apr 29, 2016.

1. qtrim macrumors regular

qtrim

I take my iPad Pro 9.7 to work, but leave my pencil at home. When I get home and want tot use the pencil, it doesnt work, almost like its asleep. If I briefly plug it in to the iPad, then it starts working. Am I missing something? BT on my iPad is always on.

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

If I pair my bluetooth headset with my iPad and then take my iPad with me elsewhere, I'll have to re-pair the wireless bluetooth connection between the two again when I get back home.

I'd assume this is no different than what you're doing with the pencil.

Simply plug it back in for a quick moment and you're good to go.

3. mixel macrumors 65816

mixel

Do you turn your iPad off at all in the day? I've read people saying it needs pairing after every boot?

4. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

I have never had to do this with any headphones or headsets ever. Once they are paired they are paired.

5. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

I sure have.

Your headphones won't stay paired to your iPad when your miles away from it. Perhaps you're simply taking the term paired (how about "connected" then?) too literally.

When they lose connection due to distance they don't just magically re-pair without me pressing a physical button on my bluetooth headset or software button on the iPad.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

All of my BT devices remain paired and automatically connect when close. The pencil does not seem to do that all the time for me.

7. ahostmadsen macrumors 6502a

Exactly my experience. Usually BT devices auto-connect, but the Pencil does not alway do so.

8. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

So far I've only had it when I've turned Bluetooth off, but going out of range may be the same situation. But yeah, my Pencil has always needed plugged back in to reconnect after Bluetooth has been off.

9. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Here's what Apple says about this:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205236