Wake Up Problems with Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by cecoleman, Dec 2, 2007.

1. cecoleman macrumors regular

I know there have been a few posts about this before, but mine seems a little different. Since upgrading to Tiger back at the launch this has happened like three or four times. But after charging up my Macbook, and then pulling the plug and then opening the lid, it seems to stay in sleep mode. The snoozing light on the front continues to go in and out like when the lid is closed. It never happened when using Tiger. This isn't a huge problem, but its somewhat annoying and I have to hold the power button down to get it to reboot.

I'll note I have not had the problem that some have reported of laggy behavior when coming out of sleep. Mine just stays asleep.

Is this a known bug?

2. cecoleman thread starter macrumors regular

3. georgi0 macrumors regular

georgi0

i have a somehow same issue but i think it's because of the bluetooth problem.

In tiger my bluetooth conneciton was most of the time in not available status. With Leopard things got better, but when I m in this state i can not put my macbook to sleep.

Also, whenever i tried to maualy restart the macbook pro from the menu, I get the shutdown screen and etc and then although the machine is working ( i can hear it nad see the light) the screen is black and nothing happens.

I have to force a hard reboot by holding down the power button for a few secs and then restarting.

When I login again, I get a message that mac os encountered an error and whether i wish to report it or not.

Anyone any ideas?

4. Europe calling macrumors regular

Europe calling

5. alpaye macrumors newbie