Wakeup from Sleep = Broken after Mavericks Upgrade

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Hevelius, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Hevelius, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013

Hevelius macrumors member

Since upgrading to Mavericks I am getting hangs of the Wakeup From Sleep function.
    The screen stays blacked out and the only way out is a hard reset (power off).

It doesn't happen every time the MBA goes to sleep but has happened 4 times in the last 36 hours since I upgraded. It has happened on both battery power and A/C.
    I had ML for 2 months since purchasing the MBA in August and had absolutely zero issues with it... it's only since the Mavericks upgrade that this problem appeared.

Anyone else had similar problems?

2. enginaar macrumors newbie

3. harjo macrumors newbie

yup

same here. happened twice today. frustrating.

4. bwat47 macrumors regular

haven't had this happen at all on my 2013 MBA and I've been using mavericks since the GM. I suspend/resume quite often too.

5. enginaar macrumors newbie

It seems to me that it happens with display sleep instead sleep/hybernate state and happens quite often if you're using a second monitor.

6. iOrbit macrumors 6502a

yeah i'm having this issue think.

i have had to press the power button to get the login screen to show up.

clicking my mouse or the trackpad does not get the laptop back on

I'm using a late 2011 MacBook Pro.

last night i told my laptop to go to sleep.

this morning it wouldn't wake.

writing this, i just had a theory for my case though - I'm running mavericks on an external drive. when i checked power settings, i have 'sleep hard drives whenever possible' ticked. maybe it put my mavericks external drive to sleep and thats why it wouldn't wake properly.

i'm going to unstick this option and see if i still experience it.

7. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

This happened to me twice. Black screen with only the mouse pointer showing. I had to hard restart to fix the problem.

8. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

I think this just happened to me. My MBP has been reliably waking for me since the update, but I'm sitting here at work with my MBP playing music, went to wake the screen and all I had was the cursor, that eventually went to beachball status. I closed the lid, let it sleep then opened the lid and all was back to normal.

9. xelhark macrumors newbie

This happened to me too a couple of times. I kinda have the feeling that is actually two different bugs.

What I noticed is that it's not like the computer didn't wake up from sleep, it's more like the computer didn't receive the input of waking up because neither the keyboard or the trackpad were working anymore.

I moved a USB mouse I use sometimes and it woke up, and the computer seemed to work correctly, except that neither the trackpad or the keyboard were working. Rebooting fixed this though, but it happened twice.

10. cedwhatev macrumors 6502

cedwhatev

Happened two or three times to me so far as well... :confused::confused::confused:

11. enginaar macrumors newbie

12. mingqing007 macrumors newbie

mingqing007

I had to press the power button to get the login screen to show up, Magic Mouse and Keyboard both not working. iMac.

13. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

Go to sleep for me in full screen with caffeine running!

14. hybrid62 macrumors member

When i wake computer from sleep i get a kernel panic

When i wake computer from sleep i get a kernel panic

15. enginaar macrumors newbie

Still after smc reset, when a second monitor is plugged in I can't get the screen back after display sleep.