Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ashman70

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 20, 2010
This morning I tried waking my mini with either my MX keys KB or my MX master 3 mouse, or even my apple track pad 2, nothing would wake it. I still have a wired kB plugged into my dock so tapping that woke it. Are we still looking at BT issues? Shouldn't my either of my BT devices been able to wake it? I am on Big Sur 11.2.

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
This morning I tried waking my mini with either my MX keys KB or my MX master 3 mouse, or even my apple track pad 2, nothing would wake it. I still have a wired kB plugged into my dock so tapping that woke it. Are we still looking at BT issues? Shouldn't my either of my BT devices been able to wake it? I am on Big Sur 11.2.
I noticed my M1 MacMini is slow to respond/wake with two screens. They stay black, then one lights up, and then the other. And this is using the Logitech dongle/receiver. If you have the dongle that might work better than relying on BT, even with the recent/claimed BT fix in Big Sur. I'm using the MX3 mouse and MX keyboard, using the dongle.

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
To confirm, I have seen a few reports of Bluetooth issues with the M1 Mac Mini.
This does not affect the Intel version, right?

Still on the fence if I want to purchase a Mac Mini AND an Apple Keyboard & Mouse. Just seems a shame that I cannot just use a MX Master and Logitech Keys comfortably, i.e. with no Bluetooth issues...

ashman70

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 20, 2010
The BT issues are exclusively with the M1 Macs, and they are mostly resolved since the 11.2 update, I have had no more issues except this waking from sleep problem. I am really blown away by how comfortable the MX Keys and MX Master 3 mouse are to use.

Reactions: circatee
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.