Waking the Lion?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Lwis, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Lwis macrumors newbie

Couldn't find a thread for this (it's probably already been mentioned though)

When you're in sleep, the only way to bring Lion back is by actually hitting a physical key. But when you're Mac dims down and turns the display off (before it sleeps, if you have it set to do that) I always brushed my trackpad on my MBP and it would undim the screen and I could continue working, I much preferred this way it seems nicer.

On Lion it makes you hit a key to undim the screen, simply brushing the trackpad does nothing to the Mac. Has anyone found a solution for this (I might be missing a pref) but I can't find anything! Slightly annoying but not a major issue.

2. stefan1975 macrumors 6502a

Jup got the same issue, swiping doesn't wake the screen from dimming or screensaver anymore. I still swipe everytime to no avail, haven't found a setting for this either yet. It is kinda annoying. Clicking the trackpad does work for me though, guess it is a feature and not a bug.

3. BigJohno macrumors 65816

I have the same issue. I just want to brush the trackpad and have it wake up but it doesn't do that.

4. CyBeRino macrumors 6502a

I don't know how to change that behaviour but I LOVE that it does it. And I suspect I know the reason.

Those of us who only use trackpads won't have notice this, but some people use an optical mouse. Optical mice sometimes give spurious input: they move the cursor a pixel or two, even without physically moving. I have had many occasions where I was woken up in the middle of the night due to this turning my screens back on. I've had to resort to flipping my mouse upside-down to prevent the spurious inputs.

With Lion: no more! The movement of the mouse no longer causes wake-ups. Yay!

5. stomer macrumors 6502a

Normally wakes up my wife, who'd in promptly kick me out of bed to turn the iMac off.

I'm glad they did it too.

6. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

7. nephipower macrumors newbie

Yeah, I have had the same problem too. It is kind of annoying, I wish there was a setting to turn it back on so it wakes up when you brush the trackpad.