Waking up Airport signal without waking router up?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Chulo, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Chulo macrumors member

I have my airport setup inside my house and have that connected to the office behind my house. This airport is connected through ethernet to another router in the office. It all works great. I have two wireless signals, one I get in the office and one inside the house. No problems there.

The problem is waking up each morning and needing to use he internet on the house signal, and not working. It forces me to come to the office and turning the systems that are connected directly to the router in the office. Is there a way to fix this? To be able to get a signal on the Airport in the house without having to wake the office up?

The router is a D-Link DI-524

Thanks for the help!

2. macleod199 macrumors 6502

Wait... your router goes to sleep, and wakes up only if something's directly connected by ethernet? I don't think that's normal. Or are you actually turning it off?

3. Chulo thread starter macrumors member

No I don't turn the router off.

What I'm trying to actually do is log on to the network to access one of the systems that is direct connected. By it won't wake up from sleep mode (computer). I can't access it until I come in to the office and wake it up. Is there a way to wake it up without having to use like a special software?

Thanks!

4. Chulo thread starter macrumors member

For anyone looking for the answer:

A free program called "Wake 550" works like a charm. You need the computer's MAC address and if you are in the same network, it sends a packet that wakes it up and voila! You can now log into it and access it :D