Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Waking up computer with mouse

DianeK

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 4, 2013
I just upgraded to Mountain Lion from Snow Leopard. With SL, I could wake up the computer from sleep with just a jiggle of the mouse. Now with ML, I have to actually click the mouse to get the computer to wake. I don't like clicking on a black screen because I don't know what the mouse is actually pointing to and might be on something in the dock. Is there a way to restore wake up with just a mouse jiggle?
Thanks
Diane

bigg13st

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2013
London
I just upgraded to Mountain Lion from Snow Leopard. With SL, I could wake up the computer from sleep with just a jiggle of the mouse. Now with ML, I have to actually click the mouse to get the computer to wake. I don't like clicking on a black screen because I don't know what the mouse is actually pointing to and might be on something in the dock. Is there a way to restore wake up with just a mouse jiggle?
Thanks
Diane

I dont think that it is actual a 'used' click. just wakes. so no risk of it opening something...

Comment

entropi

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2008
I dont think that it is actual a 'used' click. just wakes. so no risk of it opening something...

that's correct - the click just wakes the computer up.

I too miss the ability to wake my MBP up just by touching the trackpad (10.6 didn't even needed a click!)

Comment

DianeK

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 4, 2013
that's correct - the click just wakes the computer up.

I too miss the ability to wake my MBP up just by touching the trackpad (10.6 didn't even needed a click!)
SIGH - I am missing soooo many things about SL!!

Comment

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
the top
Any keypress will also wake it. I've switched to using the shift key for wakeups.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.