Waking up from sleep and freezes

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nygfan80, Mar 11, 2011.

1. nygfan80, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011

nygfan80 macrumors regular

I have been having a major issue and do have another question. When I put my MBP to sleep, it wakes up but it freezes on me. The icons in the dock jump but wont open up. This has happened about 3 times over the last few days. Also, I replaced the Optical Bay and installed another SSD. Well that did not work out so I decided to put the bay back in. Did I still negate my warrenty? That is what really is worrying me. If I have to go to the apple store for service or sent it in, am I disqualified, even if I put the Optical Bay back ? Pretty much concerns me the most. I could always re-install Leopard but rather not.

2. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

First-Apple should not negate your warranty unless you left evidence of your "visit" inside the computer. I reapplied thermal paste on my 13" MBP and even screwed up the keyboard and sleep sensor in the process, but I did not leave any evidence inside the computer (ie I didn't scratch the heads of any screws, bend the pull tab on the battery, or rip the sticker between the battery and the optical drive that says "Do not remove the battery." or something like that). I took it in to the genius bar, and I didn't mention that I reapplied thermal paste. I get it back about a week later with a new topcase, free of charge.

Second-How did you even get Lion on your MBP in the first place? It only supports 10.6.6 right now.

3. nygfan80 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I wasn't thinking, I fixed it to Leopard. Anyway, there are a few scratches on the screw heads but no scratches anywhere else and any sort of damage. I don't think it looks like I actually played with it but I might have put a torx screw where a phillips should have went. I wonder if that is going to matter at all.