Waking Up the Watch Test

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MJedi, Apr 10, 2015.

1. MJedi macrumors 6502a

MJedi

For those who did the try-on, did you test the flicking or raising of the wrist to wake up the display? From the press reviews, it seems this is hit or miss. What was your experience?

And for those who are going to their appointments, please try and report back on this feature.

Thanks!

2. Lambo The Jambo macrumors member

Lambo The Jambo

Unfortunately all the watches were on a display loop. Didn't allow you to actually interact with the phone at all.

3. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

You can't - the try-on modeks run the demo loop, while the working units are embedded in the demo stands.

Smart, smart Apple - they didn't want the store be filled with loud "WTF" exclamations. :D

4. MJedi thread starter macrumors 6502a

MJedi

That's just... wow... :confused:

So these appointments are literally to try them on your wrist. That's it. :rolleyes:

5. Wreckus macrumors 6502a

Wreckus

No point anyways as there will be software update to improve the watch responsiveness (think I read that somewhere). Besides, the purpose of the appointment is to makes sure you get the right size of watch and the right band (if your going with the SS or the bling bling model).

6. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

That's really crappy. I booked an appointment on the assumption that I get 15 minutes to play around with the software. Oh well. At least it'll give me an idea of mine will look like.

To compensate I'll try on every freaking one. :cool:

7. DavidLynch macrumors 6502a

The watches they had me try didn't even have the demo loop. The batteries were dead!

----------

The stations with the watches tethered to iPads let you play around with the software quite a bit. You can fully customize the watch faces and run just about every default app.

8. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Yeah I read about that. At least there is that. I was kinda hoping for a one-on-one but whatever. I'm just excited I got my pre-order in.