Wal-Mart cutting prices on IP6/+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sdilley14, Dec 12, 2014.

1. sdilley14 macrumors 65816

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102263766

Not a huge deal, but it looks like Wal-Mart is cutting prices on the IP6/+ by $70 (with new contract of course). Just in time for me to renew and pick up a new phone in a couple weeks. :)

Any other deals lIke this out there? I remember when I renewed and got my IP5 two years ago there was an extended Black Friday deal that was going on and I was able to pick up the 16gb IP5 for $99.

2. cymolia macrumors 6502a

it'd be good if they actually had any IN stock

3. MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

The better deal is the $150 gift card for a 2 year activation on Verizon...I tried to do both but they wouldnt let me.

4. benboy12 macrumors regular

Will they take $70 off if I bought it at the unsubsidized price?

5. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Most deals don't work that way. Kind of sucks and really makes no sense... unless their deals with the carrier are different somehow.

6. ihonda macrumors 68000

went to BB pm'd sams @ 227 and then got the free wall plug + car charger @ BB. its belkin brand. score.

7. JulesJam Suspended

JulesJam

OK so you don't know at all how it works. The stores make little to no profit off of the full price phones. For the contract phones, they get the subsidy plus a payment from the carriers for the contract. Contract phones are so lucrative that the mobile departments are about all that is keeping Best Buy and Radio Shack in business.

8. craftEcowgirl macrumors member

Can one get a full price, no contract iphone 6+ at Walmart or BestBuy?

9. JulesJam Suspended

JulesJam

Idk about Walmart, but you can at BB but they are $50 more than at the apple store. It is YMMV whether or not they will sell them to you or price match apple.

10. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I actually did know that. When i wrote this, in my mind, I was thinking I was responding to a a question regarding using Next or Edge or some similar program, which is effectively buying off of contract price. That, effectively, is a contract. As far as I know, they won't extend the $70 off to that sort of deal. My statement about having "different deals with the carriers" was towards such plans; I assume the carriers treat Edge/Next differently than they do an actual 2 year contract. FWIW, Best Buy was (maybe still is) offering a $50 gift card with Next/Edge.

Regardless, can you see how removing the "you don't know at all how this works" from your statement clearly conveys your point while not coming off as rude? That single setnece served as nothing other than to put me down. Remember, the way you respond is always your choice.

Have a great weekend. :)

11. JulesJam Suspended

JulesJam

meh.