iPad Wal-Mart Price Matching Target's iPad Air?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gooberwilson, Nov 20, 2013.

1. gooberwilson macrumors regular

gooberwilson

So the news is out that Wal-Mart will be price matching other retailers black friday deals a week early starting this Friday. Target has a deal listed for the iPad air at $480 with a $100 Target gift card. Would Wal-Mart price match this deal at $480 and give a $100 gift card to Wal-Mart? Just wondering how this would work.

2. Richard8655 macrumors 6502

I doubt Walmart would match Target's $100 gift card deal. But I just noticed Target's price matching of Walmart's 16gb Air at $479 seems to have ended, and it's now back to $499. But that may change on Black Friday.

3. Sounds Good macrumors 68000

Where did you see this news?

4. krantiredeyes macrumors newbie

Walmart Price match 1 week early

Yes, walmart announced on Nov 19th that it would price match,starting Nov 22nd(friday), other stores Thanksgiving(Nov28th)/ BF(Nov 29th) store prices. But the catch is it said 'SELECT products'. It might or might not include ipad air. We will only know this on Friday when someone goes to walmart and buys ipad air for 479 plus 100$walmart gift card :p:p:p

5. creed16 macrumors member

Typically Walmart does not price match with gift card deals. Even on Black Friday. They do already have a list of some of the things they are price matching. Mostly toys and games. It's listed on their website. I do not suspect they will do the gift card even on Black Friday, but maybe if you can sweet talk a nice manager they could make it happen? I know I tried last year to get them to price match BB and they would not honor it.

6. hologram, Nov 20, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013

hologram macrumors 6502

Here's a radical idea... why not go to (or call) Walmart and ask the electronics dept. manager?

That's kind of a strange concept, I know, because they hit and ridicule people who ask them questions, but if you're willing to take the risk it will probably get you more accurate information than anyone here can give. :p

7. deeddawg macrumors 604

But, but, but... that'd require interacting with a real person?!?! It's so much easier to just ask an anonymous Internet forum... :D

8. Mahler12x macrumors regular

Mahler12x

The whole point of internet forums is to pool and share information so maybe think about taking your totally useless comments elsewhere.

This is a good question. As we saw with the Target iPad trade-in deal earlier in the month, different stores executed the deal differently. In the case of Walmart's ad that they'll match competitor's deals for Black Friday, I wonder if that applies to gift card deals.

We don't have a Target anywhere within 200 miles of us so I may drop into Walmart today just to ask. I'll let you know what I find out.

9. hologram, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2013

hologram macrumors 6502

Useless? Unless you're a Walmart electronics manager, you're just guessing at their policy. I gave him/her more useful information than anyone else in this thread.

Like you say (repeating the original question):

Well, Einstein, call them and find out!:rolleyes: Oh, wait, I see you're taking my advice after all. You said I made a useless comment, but you're doing it anyway. You're welcome! :D

10. superfly33 macrumors newbie

Went to Walmart yesterday and inquired about this topic, 11/22 Friday, and the guy at the electronics desk says Walmart does not match gift cards.

11. Mahler12x macrumors regular

Mahler12x

LoL, ok my friend, I can appreciate a little irony, but the point I was trying to make was that when it came to Target's iPad trade-in deal earlier this month, it turned out that different stores were requiring you to purchase a new iPad right there with the gift card, while others simply handed you the $200 gift card and said "have a nice day." It was being applied inconsistently. The forum helped folks figure that out before they bothered going into the store themselves, which was nice, especially if you were hoping to just get a gift card you could use later on Black Friday for instance.

I wasn't able to make it over to Walmart today but plan on it tomorrow. If anyone stumbles upon a Walmart willing to match Target's offer, let us know. After reviewing their standard price matching policy, it appears they won't, but Black Friday tends to create exceptions to policy at times.

12. hologram macrumors 6502

I understand what you're saying, but that was the whole point of my comment. This is a case of having to get your info directly from the source, not second or third hand.

Anyway, I hope you get the deal you're looking for, and have a great holiday season! :)