Walgreens passbook on iPhone 5s no longer works

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by largefarrva, Oct 6, 2013.

1. largefarrva macrumors 6502a

Since I've gotten my iPhone 5s my Walgreens passbook app doesn't work anymore when they try to scan it at the counter at Walgreens. I've checked the number on the passbook app against what's on my account and it is the same. So what gives? Has anyone else had this problem? I'm wondering if it's an iOS 7 issue, Walgreens passbook issue, or simply a faulty Walgreens scanner issue.

2. berny822 macrumors newbie

Same problem here with the passbook on iPhone 5s

3. pyn macrumors member

Didn't work for me either. The manager of the Walgreens I was at said it's a known issue with the new screens.

4. largefarrva thread starter macrumors 6502a

What's different about the screens? Mine worked just fine with my iPhone 5, and I used it every week. Not once did it not scan properly.

I tried deleting the passbook and re-added it via the Walgreens app, and tried it at a different scanner....didn't work on that one either. Something is definitely wrong with the Walgreens passbook app. I just don't know who to inform about this to get it fixed. iOS 7 issue or Walgreens issue?

5. nicelyjerk macrumors newbie

This has happen to me as well! Weird!

Any success using passbook on the iPhone 5s at another place? (i.e. AA, Amtrak, Starbucks).

6. nita460 macrumors newbie

Walgreens passbook

I've had the same issue with the 5s. It worked all the time with my 5. Is there a fix? :confused:

7. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

My wife uses her passbook daily with dunkin donuts and Starbucks cards with her 5S. Works without an issue.

8. largefarrva thread starter macrumors 6502a

My wife also uses her Starbucks passbook with no problem...it's just the Walgreens passbook that doesn't work anymore.