walk in phone ATT

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SR 7, Oct 12, 2014.

1. SR 7 macrumors 6502

has anyone had any luck?

truly embarrassing its been almost a month and yet you can't get a phone.

Not even the +, just the regular iPhone.

2. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Last time I talked to them, I was told the only way to get a phone was to place an order. The 6 plus would not be delivered until middle to end of December. I went to the Apple store and got one that day.

3. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

This happens every year. I had to wait until the end of October before I could find a 5s last year.

4. Learylvr. macrumors regular

Learylvr.

I'm not sure about AT&T , but my daughter walked in to a Sprint store an hour ago and got the 6+. She was gonna have to wait weeks if she ordered online. My neighbor bought a 6 yesterday at a AT&T last night. Good luck, I know its frustrating beyond belief...

5. SR 7 thread starter macrumors 6502

you would think after what 6 years now they would have this **** figured out.

Stop rolling out other bs products like a bigger screen iPad if you can't fulfill your current orders.

Hey I am selling a Nike Air max 500055 but I have 10 billion orders still to fulfill bt **** it lets roll out the Nike Air Max 5000065s next week.

6. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

Walked into the verizon store last week, walked out with a 6 Plus Gold.

7. mtneer macrumors 68030

mtneer

Shortages drive buzz and drive a feeding frenzy with people snapping up whatever is available, right or wrong, for fear of getting stocked out. Impulse buys are hugely profitable than thought out purchases. It's not a trick limited to Apple or tech companies - car salesmen, realtors and others use it all the time. It's well known, just accept it.

8. deeddawg macrumors 604

Considering the sales figures, it seems they're doing just fine... :cool:

I have experience in supply & production management and working at that kind of scale is very tough with lots of tradeoffs; my guess would be any customers lost due to the backlog cost far less than the hundred of millions of dollars and thousands of temporary workers to spike production enough to satisfy such initial demand without shutting down previous model productions several months early.

I do recommend anyone with good ideas on how to do things better submit their resume to Tim Cook. I bet he'd prefer to serve customers immediately vs. making them wait and would eagerly hire someone who could solve the problem.

9. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Yep. This whole myth that Apple does this on purpose to create headlines is believed/perpetuated by people who don't understand marketing.

You don't want people not being able to get your product. Because you give them time to think about if they really want it. You want them to buy while the impulse is hot. Not give them time to realize they don't really need it or that there is some other product that does what they need just as well if not better.

That's exactly why Apple doesn't like offering a lot of options. Too many options and you confuse the customer who has to think of which ones he/she wants and might make him want to go home and consider it (This is also why car manufacturers don't offer all the options a la carte but just have a few packages. So if you want that sunroof you also have to get power locks).

You lose customers when you don't have the product readily available for them. Sure, the hardcore will wait around, but many will just go find something else that will work or will start to really think if they need that purchase.

10. deeddawg macrumors 604

True, although this also has to be balanced against the cost to keep that quantity of customers. You don't do yourself any favors spending more to keep a customer than the revenue that customer would have generated. It's a tough balancing act any time you have very "peaky" demand. Especially when it seems to drastically exceed even the most optimistic estimates every year.

It's a tough nut to crack, the simplistic armchair quarterback "solutions" aren't.

11. SR 7, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2014

SR 7 thread starter macrumors 6502

100% accurate, only bored people who think Apple is Life are the ones that believe all this B.S.

I went on launch day and they didn't have the 6+ in 64gb available as my impulse buy was to get the iP6 16gb and 6+ 64gb, ... 3 weeks later i have come to the decision i only want 1 phone and its the 6 at 64gb only because it isn't a necessity at the moment, just a luxury.

they just missed out on what, $799?

----------

12. jldesutter83 macrumors regular

jldesutter83

I walked into a Verizon store on launch day at 3:45pm and walked out at 4pm with a 64GB gold 6.

13. nolegirl01 macrumors regular

Checked the apple website at 1am the other night last week and was able to do a personal pick-up at a local apple store for an ATT, iPhone 6+ 64GB Space Grey for my husband.

The next day, I checked the Best Buy website and was able to do a next day delivery on an ATT iPhone 6 16gb Space Grey for my mom.

Then the next day, I called all my local target stores and was able to find a store that had an ATT, iPhone 6+ 16GB Space Grey for my dad.

So I got 2 iPhone 6+ and iPhone 6 all ATT in like 3-4 days.

Good luck you guys! Be persistent, it will happen! :)

14. megapopular macrumors 6502a

Embarrassing? The phone is popular. Who's embarrassed? Apple? Hardly.