Walk up Purchases

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by krogers34, Jun 30, 2010.

1. krogers34 macrumors member

Since it's been a week since the launch, has anyone recently walked into an Apple store and bought an iPhone that wasn't reserved? I would call the Apple store and just ask about them, but it is obviously late and they aren't open anymore here.

2. cmh0150 macrumors newbie

As someone who braved the first day only to get on Apple's "Priority" list and who still is waiting for Apple to send an email that the phone is ready for pickup; if someone has been able to simply walkup and purchase, please also share where the store was and what time you walked up. I am getting tired of waiting.

3. apple.pseudofan macrumors regular

Walked into AT&T store yesterday at noon. Zero line. No 16gig but walked out immediately with 32 for wife.

Was promptly backed into while in my car getting ready to pull out.

So you can get one, but you have to allow your car to get hit.

4. IndianaSolo macrumors member

IndianaSolo

The things we do to keep our wives happy...

5. melterx12 macrumors 6502a

i was at the apple store and ive seen a bunch of people come up to buy an iPhone, they said they dont have any iphone 4s in stock and wont have any for at least another week unless you reserved.

6. Goodeye macrumors 6502a

Goodeye

Probably dependent on your store. If they have any it's gonna be for reserves. Just like the iPad was and at least in AZ still is. Only can reserve for one at a store

7. melterx12 macrumors 6502a

same in NYC, ipads are out of stock and available for reservation.

8. dischNoutTAspd macrumors regular

my local best buy is out of iphones for two weeks.. and i live in a fairly big city . Apple as well. wtf

9. TexasMac2010 macrumors newbie

Walked into Wal-Mart last night, just wandered by the electronics counter, figured they would be out. Got lucky - they had 3 left. Picked up a 16gb. Out in under 15mins. Plus saved $2 by getting it at Wal-Mart!

10. cfairbank macrumors 6502

Buddy walked up to an AT&T kiosk at a mall in KC and picked up their last one. They started the day with 20. He walked up about 10:45 and got a 32gb.

11. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I walked into the AT&T store Tuesday, reserved one for the next shipment that day and mine at noon. I think they're getting them pretty reguiarly now. AT&T is where to go.

12. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

Depends. After noticing a tiny yellow spot while in the settings app on my 2nd ipHone 4 (1st had yellow line) I called Apple. While giving me some compensation they also called around the Minneapolis/ St. Paul area to make sure I would get a fresh one again.

Mall of America (place of the 2 faulty iPhones) are out. They called the Ridgedale Center which is 20 minutes away and they went against company policy by holding a 32gb until my friday genius appointment, since I couldn't get there till then. I am grateful since I know the demand is so high and they really didn't have to hold it 3 days. Then again, I shouldn't be going to get my 3rd iphone in hopes of finally getting one without a yellow spot. No matter how small it is.

Blonde Buddhist

13. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Same deal here. Walked into AT&T noon Tuesday, waited 5 mins, bought two 32's and was out in 15 mins. There were about five people waiting when I left, but they were outnumbered by salespeople eager to sell. No real wait at all.

14. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Given the multiple retail channels selling them, the odds are better on finding a store that has them. It all depends on location. The apple store here in boston that gets a lot of foot traffic is almost certainly out of stock, but walk down the same street two blocks, there's a hidden little AT&T store, they typically have the iPhone when the apple store doesn't.

15. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Agree. The AT&T I bought mine in had plenty for unreserved walk ins, but the Apple store across the road had none (and I'd been on their priority list since Friday)

It pays to 'phone around.

16. michaelsgirl macrumors member

i went to that very store yesterday morning. and i was told to make a reservation at both stores. i even went to cambridge and briantree...no i phones anywhere.:mad:

17. elistan macrumors 6502a

I called three of the Apple stores here in Dallas this morning, none had any in stock for walk-up purchases.

I'll just order online and be patient.

18. gr8fl4295 macrumors member

chicago

I tried a few stores yesterday (att & apple) , both said they wouldn't have any for a couple weeks.
    So I just ordered one at the att store.
    Hope it ships soon.

19. krogers34 thread starter macrumors member

by chicago do you mean the city or the burbs?

20. djgulia macrumors 6502

I've called 2 local Best Buy and 2 AT&T stores at least once a day this whole week nad they all say the same thing. Nothing in stock and they don't know when they will be getting more. I'm starting to think they are full of it and I just need to actually go in each day so they get sick of me :p Might try Walmart too tonight but I doubt they will have anything either.

21. Mike2128 macrumors 6502

Walked in to an at&t store on Tuesday and was in and out in about 30-35 minutes. No reserve.

22. Point31 macrumors newbie

Today is the day! Long time Apple user, First time purchaser of the iPhone (32g or bust!). Any leads in the Dallas area?

---Update #1--- Radio Shack (Walnut & Marsh) had some 16gb - but no 32s.
    Places out of Stock: Best Buy (Midway & 635), Radioshack (Northwest Highway & Marsh), AT&T (Midway & 635)

The Search Continues!