walked into the apple store and got an iPhone 6+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TJEPP, Sep 29, 2014.

1. TJEPP macrumors member

I had the 6 and I decided to get the 6+, I am very happy with my decision, the crazy thing was I just walked into the apple store, said I wish I could get the 6+ he says we have 1 in stock sprint ( my carrier) 64GB my iphone 6 size ! i pay the difference and walk out with a 6+, sucks for the people waiting until the end of october

2. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Same situation, just walked in and low and behold.

I guess it depends on the configuration, color and carrier for availability.

3. JorgeLomeli macrumors regular

JorgeLomeli

There are PLENTY of Sprint iPhones everywhere!

T-Mobile, At&t and Verizon are the ones everyone looking for, and sadly only the lucky ones found them @ the Apple Stores :rolleyes:

4. ZebraDude macrumors 6502a

ZebraDude

Trying to find a T-Mobile 64GB iPhone 6+

I am trying to find a T-mobile 64GB iPhone 6+ and I was wondering where I can one for a Subsidy contract renewal.

It seems to be VERY hard to find

:eek:

Any ideas would be helpful!

5. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

Order one online and wait for it to be delivered, or stalk store.apple.com every morning and night hoping one pops up in the inventory. Like everyone else.

6. Rooskibar03, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014

Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

Everywhere I go there are plenty of Sprint 6+ available. I guess the 30 people who live where there is coverage still havent bought them yet.

7. Biggs91276 macrumors regular

Biggs91276

If that's the case with there are iphone 6 + everywhere then y can't my carrier store get me mine then? Very frustrating!

8. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

Are you with Sprint? If not you're missing an essential point being made in this thread.

9. akhilleus macrumors member

Congrats to all the people winning out with this release. Seems this time around there's a lot more supply than usual. Of course there's always those people hyping up the lack of supply and whatnot, but most people seem to be getting the phones they want quite easily - even phones shipping early, easy exchanges and all that stuff. Nice.

10. AppleRobert macrumors 603

It does't matter, The scenario was to get a Plus to try it during one's everyday experience. Once folks get the 6 and the return period is up, well ...

Trying the Plus in store yielded nothing but what most folks owning the 6 say about it, it is too big. BUT trying it for awhile, you get more use to it. It doesn't change the size of it obviously but one is better able to see if it could be an alternative to go with over the 6. If not, well sayonara. If so, well you return it and get the right carrier, storage and color in the future and with the current demand it may be actually easier to exchange it over someone looking to buy it.

And one cannot carry and change into different shirts and pants in a store and personally I'm not going back multiple times. And do everything you want to do with it either. :)

11. Biggs91276 macrumors regular

Biggs91276

Yes I'm with sprint service. I feel I'm getting the run around and they can't give me any answers. I paid retail for this phone and I'm beginning to think I wasted my money.

12. ZebraDude macrumors 6502a

ZebraDude

Now will the Apple Store do subsidy renewals? The Online store has just the FULL price phone for T-mobile?

13. TJEPP thread starter macrumors member

I didnt go through sprint I went though apple, Dont even mess around with sprint, just try walking into an apple store

14. Carolina blue macrumors member

My stalking was successful, I was able to cancel my pre-order after the configuration that I had been holding out for popped up online at the normal daily apple.com mid afternoon stalking time.

15. BeK macrumors regular

BeK

Tell me about it. Sprint has the worst coverage I have ever experienced with a wireless provider. AT&T is a close second as they are almost as bad from my experience.

16. CEmajr macrumors 601

You can only do renewals at T-Mobile stores.

17. TJEPP thread starter macrumors member

In Phoenix/Scottsdale AZ sprint is great ! I have no complaints lots of LTE

18. myscrnnm macrumors 6502a

myscrnnm

It really depends on where you are. I live in the Seattle area and have never had a problem with AT&T coverage. Literally the only times I have not been able to get reception in the U.S. was on the top of a mountain and out in the middle of Washington. For the most part, it seems AT&T is pretty good when it comes to urbanized areas.

19. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

Was that a pun, or did you literally mean "stalking time"? ;)

I've been in this boat before; sometimes it's less stress-inducing to stalk the website for something you want rather than waiting for a nebulous shipping process to begin after pre-ordering. Feels like you're waiting less time, even if it takes you longer to get what you want.

20. macguy77 macrumors newbie

21. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Same here, went to the Apple store to exchang my device due to cosmetics, they had the AT&T iPhone 6 Plus 128 GB in stock at the local Apple store.

22. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

23. blackhawk526 macrumors member

blackhawk526

If you would've said AT&T or Verizon, this thread would be somewhat relevant.

Sprint... Nope, there stock is not as scarce.

24. TJEPP thread starter macrumors member

Thats a good thing for me and the next iPhone launch

25. gemnilocs macrumors 6502

gemnilocs

last Wednesday, I went to the applestore app, clicked all the phone options for what I wanted( 6, gold 64gb and Verizon)...they had it available at the store where I was ( The Grove) so I ordered it and paid via the app and an hour later, I had the phone in my hand.
    there is also a website that you can check that will email you when the device you are looking for is available near you.... but I don't know if I can post that website in this forum