Walked right into my Best Buy and Pre-Ordred!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by drober30, Oct 7, 2011.

1. drober30 macrumors 6502a

Went to Best Buy at 10:05am, just after they opened and was still the first to pre-order!

2. GIZBUG macrumors 65816

GIZBUG

Mods, can you please make 1 sticky for these preorder threads so this board doesn't get cluttered with these types of posts...............................

:mad:

3. DavidFongs macrumors newbie

Cool bro. I preordered the iPhone 4 at best buy last year in June. Got a call early July to let me know my phone was in (Already got one from Apple on launch day, told them no thanks). Let us know how that goes. Have fun w/ an extra 50 dollar gift card after that crappy company screws you over.

4. drober30 thread starter macrumors 6502a

If ordered my last two phones from Best Buy and have had great experiences!

Best Buy gift cards are as valuable as cash in my house so no worries there.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. Hopefully where ever you chose to go this time you have a pleasant experience.

----------

So sorry you had to click my post and read it... oh wait, you didn't have to did ya!

5. fjrabon macrumors regular

THe biggest thing with best buy is how much the vary from store to store. Some stores operate brilliantly, call and let you know your phone arrived, save it specifically for you until you have a chance to get there, some will sell your preordered phone to someone who just walked in off the street with no preorder if they get there before you.

6. kre62 macrumors 68000

I can also say that i preordered the 4 through best buy. Never came in. I'm still rocking a 3GS.

Well, it did come in, in like August. By then Antennagate had convinced me to keep the 3.

7. drober30 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I can honestly say that I don't have the panic in me to be the first with the iPhone 4s like I did with all the other phones.

I'm excited for the new features but if I have to wait a few days or weeks, I will not be that disappointment.

Especially since I can download iOS5 Wednesday and play with that for awhile.

My post was to encourage those that are stuck at work and want to pre-order through Best Buy for what ever their reasons may be.

Good luck to everyone on smooth transactions!

8. TypeMRT macrumors 6502

It's a crap shoot but I'm leaning using my reward zone certificates for this purchase. The iPad 2 launch was a fiasco for everybody including Apple. I think this will be much better since the design is the same and they've had those factories running at full-tilt for over a year now.

9. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

I wouldn't trust bestbuy to handle my iPhone. What if they open it when it gets there and manhandle it before giving it to you?

10. bigkito macrumors regular

I preordered my iPhone 4 from best buy last year. I was roughly the 8th preorder. On the 23rd they called me and told me to come in the next morning to pick up my phone on the 24th. When i got there they had a closet full of iPhones with my name wrapped around a 32GB that i requested. I did the same thing this morning for the 4S except i was there an hour after they opened the store and was only their 4th preorder. And the 2nd one to request a 64GB and the first to request a white 32GB for my other line. The clerk told me "its first come first serve next week". But that didn't make sense to me.
    the email I got right after states:

"The phone reservation does not constitute a sold phone and Best Buy will contact the customer when product becomes available. Preorders will be fulfilled in the order of reservation. Due to the fact Best Buy cannot control supplier product availability, Best Buy cannot guarantee product availability on a specified date. In the event preorder availability changes, Best Buy will notify you.
    Best Buy will hold phone reservations for a maximum of 72 hours after the first notification of phone availability after which time the phone reservation will be cancelled. "

To me, this simply means if you were first to order the 64GB black iPhone and only 1 comes in with their shipment, then u have first dibs on it. Unless you don't pick it up within 72 hours. So being that i don't think this release is as popular as the 4 last year, i should have both phones next week.

----------

Oh yea and last year they opened an hour early their regular time. I had to show my pre order receipt to be allowed in

11. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

ehh. BB screwed people with iPad 2 pre-orders. There was nothing guaranteed. Stick with Apple if you want a consistent story. You can trust them.

12. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I would have to put a bag over my head to walk into any Best Buy store. They are low life! Purchased a new camera as a gift for someone and when I got home it was plainly already sold to someone else who returned it! They even left the receipt and filled out the warranty card.

Go back to these idiots and they actually argued that I had filled out the cards and there was no way it left the store used as they would never do that! That is when I took the first buyers receipt out of my pocket and showed it to the manager who was a real a$$hole!:p His look was priceless!

He grumbled and credited my card back.

Never again for me. I rate them with a mall Kiosk and Radio Shack!

13. bigkito macrumors regular

i guess it depends on the specific best buy store. I had black tie protection at the store i go to and I've broken maybe 7 iPhones so far and i never have an issue with ANYTHING. Like i said preordering last year was smooth. and i was later in line than i was this year. And i feel like its definitely in demand but not as much as the iPhone 4 being that it was a completely new design, and customers that upgraded last year won't be as quick to upgrade this year

14. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

lol Best Buy. Hopefully they learned their lesson after the iPad 2 fiasco. Wish you the best of luck getting your iPhone anywhere close to the 14th.

15. bigkito macrumors regular

are u talking about a personal experience with an iPad2 preorder? I'm going based off my last iPhone preorder with them

16. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

Too bad so many horror stories with Best Buy

I never have had one problem with them. And whenever I have needed something done like return exchange etc they have always gone out of their way to make me happy.

I love them

17. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

the only thing that weird me out about best buy is they will take more preorders then they are getting phones and if you dont make the first cut......your screwed.

18. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

hope you know preordering at best buy doesn't mean crap as they don't get a ton of inventory. iPhone 4 last year I got bumped up on the list because I knew someone, they only got 16 total iPhones that day and were going in alphabetical order.

19. bigkito macrumors regular

thats why they specify u are not guaranteed a phone on a specific date. They know that people don't understand the concept that they only get a limited supply in their shipment, which means if theres 16 phones like the guy up above just said, then people who placed preorders, and are there in the morning to pick them up will get them, but the remainder 50 people that preordered won't get them till the next shipping date.
    i spoke to them again over the phone a few minutes ago, i was told to make sure I'm at the store at 8am next friday. the same way i was told to be there with the iPhone 4. they officially open at 10am, and i had to show them my preorder to be allowed in.