Walking in to buy an iphone 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dbs0026, Oct 13, 2011.

1. dbs0026 macrumors member

For what it's worth.....

Sams club in Cincinnati said they would have 20 black / 4 white iPhone 4s models. They did not know the size, they just know they are receiving the # above.

When asked how many people would be ahead of me or have reserved the phone, she said 1 person.

So if you don't want to wait in line at the Apple store, try your Sams Club. They took my name / number and reserved a black one for me. Me personally, I don't care if it's 16/32/64. Heck I would be fine with 16 as I don't store a lot on my phone as it is now.

2. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

It's not e iPhone 5 so I would assume you can walk into any apple retailer and get one within minutes.

All of the fanboys already preordered theirs so they wont line up nearly as much as they did for the past launches.

3. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

There is so much wrong with this post I don't even know where to start.

The preorders for the iPhone 4S greatly surpassed those for the iPhone 4! Don't just assume you can walk into an Apple Store on your lunch break on launch day and be in and out. And only fanboys preordered? Really? Just because I'm not near an Apple Store means I'm a fanboy? Okay. *sigh*

4. ktmracer350 macrumors member

You are not smart! 1,000,000 Pre-orders were placed for the Iphone 4s compared to just 600,000 for the iphone 4. Although one can make the point that there are now three carriers compared to just at&t for the last four iphone launches this should definitely surpass last years event in sales. The sole reason of the increased amount of people is a direct result of the phone now being available on at&t, verizon, and sprint. Sales for the first three days of the iphone 4 were 1.7 million with an estimated prediction of 3 million for the iphone 4s this year. To try and make a point that you be able to easily score one on launch day without investing any time in waiting makes you sound unintelligent.

5. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

Exactly, there are way more carriers and more models than before (three carriers and three different models for each carrier). Also, many different retailers that will be selling it compared to before. All of these factors will play a huge role. And not to mention that the majority of iphone users are disappointed with this not being the iphone 5 is crucial too. Like I said, the apple fanboys already jumped the gun on preordering, which leaves virtually little to no line tomorrow.

6. mamon343, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011

mamon343 macrumors member

mamon343

So what time do you think , somebody can walk in the store and pick one up? 10 days , 20 days after launch ? I have never bought an iPhone or any product with this kind of hype or that you need to preorder or wait in line.:)

7. rkahl macrumors 65816

Ewwwwwwww.... somebody sounds jealous!

8. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

Jealous of what? The old iphone 4 with recycled parts from the ipad 2? Naw, not really.

9. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

I guess all 3 of you guys were all wrong, I went into 2 Best Buy's and 2 Target's at 11:30am and saw a line of 3-4 people. I knew all the fanboys would pre-order it ahead of time or else swarm the Apple Store. But of course everybody would want to swarm the Apple Store. But they could easily hit up a Best Buy or Target or Walmart or AT&T or Sam's Club and get one within minutes like I have previously posted.

10. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

2 friends of mine walked in this morning. One went to a Sprint store and the other went to Radio Shack. Doubtful many would get one at a Apple store today, since that's we're most are flocking at.

11. HighTopFade macrumors regular

HighTopFade

I'm hoping to walk into an AT&T store today and purchase a micro SIM card without waiting forever.