Wall charger died

Hugibugi

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2014
Hi, I'v got the ip6 plus on friday, I charge iphone and ipad air the same day, today i want to charge my iPad and the charger is dead, wtf what can i do? My iMac is charging ipad so lightning cable is ok

antiprotest

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
Hi, I'v got the ip6 plus on friday, I charge iphone and ipad air the same day, today i want to charge my iPad and the charger is dead, wtf what can i do? My iMac is charging ipad so lightning cable is ok

Buy a new charger?

Hugibugi

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2014
where i live in **** place, there is no Apple store even in my country :D

Can i use come different wall charger like lg g2 ?
No chance to fix it?

sillywabbit

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012

By you are in the LA area, I have a genuine one you can have for $10.

Hugibugi

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2014
nah ebay and amazon are not popular in my country, anyway we have some site like that but 80% are aliexpress fake products, hard to buy and I think now what to do

I'm from Poland anyway and I live in small town

antiprotest

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
Just don't get some cheap made in China charger that causes your things to explode. Anything else you can get is probably fine.

Hugibugi

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2014
Just don't get some cheap made in China charger that causes your things to explode. Anything else you can get is probably fine.
yeah thats what I mean, there is so many fake chargers....**** so can i use lg g2 charger?

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Normally it'd be covered under the standard one-year warranty but if you're in a foreign country I guess you'll have to purchase a new one off ebay or the like.

However, you said you have an iPad too? If so, you can use the iPad charger to charge your iP6. The iPad would charge too slowly with the iP6 charger.

lorax3

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2007
Use your iMac to charge it until you can get a new USB to AC charge block. Contact apple and they can ship you a replacement.

Hugibugi

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2014
Where did you get your phone? Does that location carry mobile accessories? If so I'd wager a guess that they have apple oem chargers.
I live in Poland and I got iPhone from Germany Apple store.

Haha I dont know why but this made me LOL
I wanted to explain why but its a funny story, I dont have it because my iPhone 5 charger died too :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: so when i sold my iP5 i gave the iPad charger to new owner and I wanted tommorow to change the charger with girl who bought ip5 from me but its dead, thats a funny story.

MVallee

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada
All of the accessories (headphones, lightening cable, wall charger) are covered under the 1 year warranty that comes with the phone when you buy it. I've had my lightening cable replaced at the Apple Store many times for free.

If you don't have an Apple Store near by, call technical support and tell them what happened. I'm sure they will send you a new charger and may have you send the old broken one back to them.

Hugibugi

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2014
No, they are not sending to Poland, someone bought it for me and sold me

sawah

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
My 6 plus charger didn't work when I got it. I took it to att and they threw it away and just gave me a 12 watt iPad charger.

Hugibugi

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2014
Good for you, we dont have apple store in poland and its not even official yet. I write a email to them waiting for reply but i think I buy a new charger but need to find original one

lke

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2009
You have an ipad and an iphone then you need to have 2 chargers

You can use the iphone charger with your ipad or your ipad charger with the iphone.

If you have only one charger ask a friend for one that they are not using.

It is not recomended to use other charger than the original one from Apple your device could get fire

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.