Wall Charger for iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mchad, Oct 2, 2010.

1. mchad macrumors member

Hey guys, I am pretty sure I am right on this but i just wanted to make sure. I have a couple of wall chargers that you can plug a usb cable into, they came with various cell phones. The output is 5v so i should be ok charging my ipod touch with them right?

2. Abscissa macrumors regular

I've been using my phone charger (some samsung phone) for multiple ipods including a 3rd and 4th gen touch, with no issues. Mines also 5.0v output.

3. mchad thread starter macrumors member

great...mine happens to be samsung as well, thanks for the quick reply. Love apple but $29 for the wall charger from them is a little steep! :)

4. GekiRed macrumors regular

My HTC HD2 has a AC adapter which you plug a USB cable into and hopefully it'll work with my new iPod Touch when I get it in a week or two's time.

5. battlekid macrumors regular

I use several different setups to charge my iPods.
    I have two extra battery packs, and some adapter cables. I use a motorola phone charger (mini USB) connected to my handy Mini USB to Apple 32pin Dock connecter. That is an EXTREMELY long cable length. Any USB charger that outputs USB voltage (5v I think), and 500ma should work. 550ma chargers work too, they won't blow your iPod up :D. The Mini USB to 32pin cable i use is WAY better built then the cruddy Apple one, the Apple ones constantly break on me so i love this one.

Battery packs:
    I have two backup batteries for my ipod.
    The DLO jumpstart.
    The RichardSolo 1800 With Cable.
    link
    I recommend both, but the Solo is best.