Wall mount 21.5"

Discussion in 'iMac' started by dave61, Jun 2, 2010.

1. dave61 macrumors newbie

dave61

I know this has been asked before but I want to see if there are any new solutions.

I started using Mac for home stuff about two years' ago, beginning with a Mac Mini and a 17" monitor that floats above a corner of my small desk. In this position I can push it out of the way when I am working on my laptop, and back when I am not.

Now I am waiting for the next refresh ... soon please ... to buy an iMac. I would like to mount it in the same way as my current monitor for the flexibility of positioning and regain a little bit of desk space as well. The 27" is too big for the location as it will foul the shelves above so it has to be the 21" model, which of course doesn't have a VESA mount (bad, Steve).

Searching this forum and the web the only solution I could find is http://www.imacmount.com, which is a) fugly (sorry sscooter) and b) I don't fancy the dangling foot snowploughing across my desk.

Is there anything else?

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

The whole point is, unless Apple changes it, the stand does not remove from the 21" like it does on the 27". Why I do not know as I would also like to move my 21" to an arm but without the stand.:eek: