Wall mounting a MBP 15"

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by StevnJ9971, Aug 30, 2010.

1. StevnJ9971 macrumors member

Hey all,

I am going to be purchasing a MBP 15" in the next week or so to upgrade my MB 13". Anyway, I don't have a ton of desk space at my house, which makes it difficult to have a notebook or some kind of writing area on my desk and also use my MacBook. I'm looking for some kind of wall mount to buy that I can set my MacBook on, has a moveable arm to reposition the MacBook to where I want it, and is easy to remove the MacBook when I want to use it away from my desk.

Has anyone done this or know of any good wall mounts out there?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

The footprint of the MBP is not really that big, wouldn't be easier to just move it off the table if not using it?

4. StevnJ9971 thread starter macrumors member

I don't really think this addresses my question, but at any rate, there are times that I want to be both using my MBP and using desk space for writing, etc.

5. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Sorry if it didn't come across that way, I currently own a 15" MBP, and the foot print is not that big compared to the 13". It might be possible to use a shelf/stand that would provide you with space under the machine to put stuff or use some of the space. Try to see how it would look with the 13" to give you an idea of how much the 15" might hang out from it.

My desk has that type of elevated shelf, and that is where I have the laptop sitting, which frees the desk space itself. And there is less a risk of it falling.

Ok, done, won't say anymore. :eek:

6. StevnJ9971 thread starter macrumors member

Ah, I see what you're saying. For me, it's actually not so much a concern about the slightly larger footprint, I just want to get it up off the desk, while still being able to use it. I had the same issue with my 13", I just want to make sure any bracket I buy will accommodate the size.

I know they're out there, I just don't know where...

7. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

How about something like this? You can put your MBP on it and push it out of the way when you want to write. Also, you can leave teh MBP on it and use a keyboard/mouse and have the LCD at a better height.

8. StevnJ9971 thread starter macrumors member

Sorry, but that link isn't working for me...

9. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

Sorry about that. I fixed the link. I had http show up twice.