Wall paper friendly themes in cydia

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by golfergirl13, Feb 19, 2011.

1. golfergirl13 macrumors member

Please forgive me for a silly little question. I am new to all this jailbroken using your favorite wall paper. For example, I found this really cool theme in cydia called blue thunder, however, I would really like to use my own lock screen wallpaper rather than the one that is provided with this theme.

I even winterboard > select themes and check user lock background and it still didn't work. My question is how do I set that up?

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

get iFile in cydia, it lets you navigate your phone

then go to var/stash/theme.xxxx

in here you will see all your stored themes, find blue thunder and in that folder delete the wallpaper.png file this will let you use your own

3. golfergirl13 thread starter macrumors member

I am sorry to ask another silly question, but what do I need to do to get to var/stash/theme.xxxx?

4. golfergirl13 thread starter macrumors member

Ok, I figured it out...however, when I deleted the wallpaper.png file I still get that wallpaper (the one that came with the theme) as the set lock screen

I noticed that in the var/stash/theme.xxxx there are other files such as wallpaper-alt1.png, wallpaper-alt2.png and wallpaper-alt3.png, Should I also delete these files too?

5. golfergirl13 thread starter macrumors member

After doing a reset on the iphone, it took away the background wallpaper. I didn't want the background wallpaper to be removed.

I wanted to keep the theme along with the wallpaper, however, I wanted to use my own wall paper for the lock home screen

So, how can I do this?

6. golfergirl13 thread starter macrumors member

7. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

sorry wasnt reading your post properly, but glad you figured it out

8. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

how did you figure it out? I have a HTC theme where I want my own wallpaper on my lock screen.

wow, thought this was a recent theme then I see 2011 as the year lol.