iPhone Wallet App Bank of America Card Design

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by iCar5S, Oct 28, 2015.

1. iCar5S macrumors newbie

Not a huge deal, but I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

The Bank of America credit/debit cards on Apple Wallet are shown using the year old design now. BofA updated the CC/Debit card designs a while back (almost a year back) to a new one.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to update that on the Apple Wallet app?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

It gets updated if/when the banks update it, so basically it'd be up to BofA to do it.

3. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

Too bad they don't. My real cards look a little nicer than my wallet cards but you're right, it's up to the bank.

4. chunheisiu, Oct 28, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2015

chunheisiu macrumors newbie

chunheisiu

I recently signed up for the BofA debit card and added it to Apple Pay. It shows the exact new design you get with the physical card.

I guess there is no mechanism for the design to update, like when Citi recently updated to EMV cards with new designs. I was told by a rep that the change would happen automatically but it did not. The design of the card in Apple Pay did not change before I removed it and added it again. Note that it would cause a change in the device account number though.

5. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

My debit card design has updated but my credit card has not and I assume will not any time soon.

Here is a quote from the BoA site. The question asks if the virtual card image will match the real card image:
    "No. The card image won’t be an exact match. Keep in mind this doesn’t affect how your cards work with Apple Pay."

Its not a big deal really, just would be nice with some of the more decorated cards like Bass Pro or Travel Rewards.

6. chunheisiu macrumors newbie

chunheisiu

I agree, but it would be good if they put the work of their designers to good use.