Wallet case for iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by sxcJoshie, Aug 30, 2011.

1. sxcJoshie macrumors newbie

Looking to buy a case that doubles as a wallet for iPhone 4, something sleek and simple that can hold a few cards, some cash and my iPhone 4.

The one I wanted most was the 12 South BookBook but it's $80!

Anybody have something they can recommend? There's just so many options.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

3. Monza27 macrumors newbie

Timely thread, looking for something similar myself. (Googling found this thread)

The Bookbook case looks very nice but is on the bulky side, and personally I find the whole book thing a bit gimmicky.

The closest I've found so far is the Sena Hampton Flip, bit annoyed there is no camera hole and would prefer a magnet clip instead of a button. I've seen comments that magnetic clips interfere with the GPS, anyone able to verify this?

Also like the Case Mate Flip Wallet but it doesn't get great reviews.

4. Monza27 macrumors newbie

5. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

The Hex Cases look pretty nice......
    I like my Book Book but the card holder ripped... THinking about taking it back and getting this one. [​IMG]

6. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

How about the Speck Candyshell Card, it won't hold cash but two or three cards should be plenty for most.

7. pbrogrom macrumors newbie

The white one actually looks nice. Sometimes I don't carry my wallet w/ me. Just some cash, and my license and one credit card.

8. onlyapple macrumors member

I am also looking for one as well, I want oine that fits well in a pocket and that can fit cash and cards.

9. dqfayi macrumors regular

I got it!!

Ahh,i met with my Kate Spade iPHONE 4 case....:D:p

10. skittles90623 macrumors regular

11. ABCDEFGHIJKLMAO macrumors member

i think bookbook made the best wallet case for iPhone 4

12. macbookpro45 macrumors 6502

Why do people like these cases? Why the he** would you want to be caught in public talking on a 'book'? I really do not see the functionality in these cases; someone fill me in.

13. MacBlackBook22 macrumors 6502

MacBlackBook22

For goodness sake you fold back the case when you are talking on the phone, thus it looks just like a regular cell phone you are using. Don't know why people are getting hung up on the "talking on a book" And for the other people who say "but you are flashing your credit/id cards so any one can see the answer is the same as about when the credit card area is folded back your hand covers all the cards/id so no one can see anything. I have always used a case like this on my iphones and never had any problems or people asking me why I was talking to a book. Instead they complemented me on the stylishness of the covers and always wanted to know where I got them and that they were going to get one for themselves.

14. roow110 macrumors regular

I think the Bookbook is by far the best case for the iPhone. Not just wallet case, but case in general. It has actually changed all my habits and simplified my life. Everywhere I go I meet new people though this case as people are fascinated by it and love it at first sight. It protects the iPhone better than almost any other case. I've dropped it many times and it is in mint condition still. It is not large either. It is about the same size as an otterbox but much much nicer. It is also super easy to remove the phone and it never falls out. The construction is amazing and the wallet part is perfectly sized and works fantastic. I recommend it more than any case I've ever had and I have perhaps 12 cases and have tried everything you could imagine.

15. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

Do any Book Book users remove your phones from the case regularly? I'm in the habit of dropping my phone into its cradle in the car whenever I drive. I'm struggling with whether the convenience of getting rid of my wallet would outweigh the inconvenience of messing with that.

Oh. And Book Book users, have you actually gotten rid of your wallets? :)

16. MarkyUK macrumors member

I am also interested users thoughts on this - I use a car cradle aswell and am interested in if people see it as a big inconvience.

17. iTabone macrumors regular

I usually use the Casemate ID case, but I'd rather get more of a 'wallet' case. The iPhone 4(S) BookBook seems to be sold out. Anyone know if Apple carries them? I don't like them for laptops, but they look awesome on the iPhone.

18. steadysignal macrumors 6502a

steadysignal

they have been sold out on their site for a while now. been wanting to get one.

19. cheatingbird macrumors newbie

20. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

I do It all the time.... Although I love cases and switch to diffract cases once a week