Wallet Cases..Don't hold enough!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Unkei, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Unkei macrumors member

Unkei

Hello all,
    I have looked at wallet cases so I could leave the old wallet at home! Problem is, I'm 66 and carry a bunch of junk. Retired LEO, and carry a Sheriff ID card, a CCW permit card, Driver's license, At least 3 health insurance cards, and my business cards. Heck, I carry so much junk, that I wear a vest with 17 pockets..LOL! Mercy..I won't even consider a dress shirt without at LEAST one pocket! When I go through a security point where they make you empty your pockets..it takes me a bit of time! This usually ticks off anyone waiting behind me to go through! Even the bulkiest wallet cases I've seen, hold at MOST, 2 cards and perhaps a bill. And I don't care for most of the designs, requiring you to hold the flap open or folded back to take photos or make calls! Anyone else carry so much junk that wallet cases just add one more thing to carry, while still not doing away with real wallet or high pocket counts? Just curious!
    Unkei

2. takeshi74 macrumors 601

You don't need a wallet case -- you need a big wallet with a pocket for your phone. :p

3. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

The wallet cases are designed to hold 2 cards and very minimal amount of cash. Presuming that you added all your other cards to Passbook.

I decided to get a thin case like the Spigen Ultra Hybrid. So that I could still carry other things. Business cards I carry two in my wallet and atleast 5-10 in the car. Big events I bring along my business card holder.

Medical id you can store a photo copy of them on your phone.

Maybe carry a messenger bag like this one from Timbuk2 the Embarcadero.

http://www.timbuk2.com/embarcadero-...137-1-2188_size=3&dwvar_137-1-2188_color=2001

or an Accessories bag like the Timbuk2 Shagg

http://www.timbuk2.com/shagg-bag-sm...80.html?dwvar_880_size=5&dwvar_880_color=6061

4. Kisey macrumors 6502a

Maybe you need something like this:http://www.amazon.com/NAVOR-iPhone-...sim_cps_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1KWQR98NF0C148K3Q8WW

or: http://www.amazon.com/Slim-Leather-...d=1403187305&sr=8-8&keywords=iphone+card+case

5. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I use the Speck wallet case. I carry my DL, Sate ID, and my debit card. The little case I do keep on me goes in my pocket. My insurance card is stored on my phone thanks to the Aetna app.

6. dallasmacr macrumors newbie

no company has made one that big probably because not to many people would buy it. Imagine answering calls with you wallet attached lol

7. Jalopybox macrumors 6502a

Jalopybox

[​IMG]

8. DonnyXMX macrumors member

DonnyXMX

9. Basilfawltyone macrumors regular

Don´t miss out the small SF-company SFBags.

SFBAGS.COM

Have a lot of things from them. Bad for them - you only buy once since their quality is just outstanding! Good for them - models change so you change since you change phone.

I bought their iPhone Wallet with the window. Used it now for a year, works excellent and plenty of space both for a 5s WITH case and credit cards and cash.

Zipper YKK best in the world. And the window actually works.

Love it even if a bit large, still better than to have a wallet AND a phone.

Buy it, only 50 bucks and lasts forever!

10. viewfly macrumors 65816

viewfly

I have the HINT and like it. Use it occasionally for the gym. Also the microfiber slip on for my cased iphone. Hold earphones and a few bills and cards.

The wallet holds a cased phone?