Wallet for Christmas

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by international, Dec 18, 2011.

1. international macrumors newbie

Ive been trying to think a great gift for my brother for Christmas and I am in a panic as its so close to Christmas. Hes really into computers and gadges and is studying engineering. I know that he needs a new wallet but have no clue which brand is the best. I want to spend less than $100. Any ideas?

2. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Fossil, hands down. Durability is awesome and for the quality the price is right.

3. leftywamumonkey macrumors 6502a

leftywamumonkey

4. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I would totally purchase this and carry it around...

We need a thread for the hottest Superhero. She would win.

Attached Files:

• 3.jpeg
      3.jpeg
      File size:
      189.8 KB
      Views:
  5. David085 macrumors 6502a

David085

6. Kenzembo1 macrumors 6502

Coach

Get him a nice brown or black leather Coach card holder with a clip. I've gotten so many complements on mine, I just love it! I find it very versatile; it's a great all-around classy yet contemporary wallet that will complement casual or formal attire (unlike the Mighty wallet). It's something that he'll be able to have and admire for years to come. The leather will only gain more character over time and add a unique touch.

Here's a link: http://www.coach.com/online/handbag...551-10051-90-en?t1Id=82&t2Id=90&tier=2&LOC=LN

Scroll down to the bottom of the page (second to last row, second from left); they have one made with buffalo that's available in brown or black and retails for $58...get him that and put $40 worth of cash in the clip! Best of all, they box it and wrap it all at the Coach store :)

If you really want to personalize it, you can get the stainless steel clip monogramed with his initials.

No, I don't work at Coach :p:eek:

7. tktaylor1 macrumors 6502a

tktaylor1

I've bought all of my wallets from fossil and have never had a complaint. They're all around 30 bucks and last for years.

8. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I'd get an idea off of what their current wallet is like. Everyone has different styles and comfort levels.

Me for example, I only like a slim card holder. Big enough for my debit / license, etc.. Can't do big wallets. I carry a minimal amount of things.

9. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I'm considering making my next one a billfold. A bigger foot-print yes, but just 2 folds so thinner.

I carry important cards in a card holder, in the opposite pocket, so I don't lose everything at one time. ;)

10. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

My current wallet is a no name 10$ leather wallet. I don't know the brand, I don't really care.

I've had it for the last 8 years. It still looks fine and does what it needs to do.

11. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

A wallet is a great idea for a gift.

If you're concerned with durability, any well-made leather wallet or billfold would work nicely. The brand will really only matter for style, etc. No need to overspend.

12. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

How about something with RFID shielding for the newer credit cards and drivers licenses with RFID chips? I got my wife one from this company.

Rogue Wallet

Dale

13. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

COACH ROCKS!

ive had my coach passcase wallet for 6 years now. tough as nails.

14. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I use this wallet from Calvin Klein;
    [​IMG]

Then again, I'm much more into the minimalist approach with my wallet so take it for what it's worth. This holds 6-7 cards as well as cash. Only downside is the metal clip sometimes jabs you in the leg.

Previously I used Fossil wallets which i really liked since they came in dozens of shapes/sizes/varieties and were really cheap ~$20-$30 bucks. I've never been into the whole Gucci/Coach/LV wallets myself but that's just my opinion.

15. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Guccisima Leather by Gucci. Lasts almost forever. That's what I have. Great looking wallet. And it uses real leather.

[​IMG]
    http://www.gucci.com/us/styles/138042A0VBR2061#

Just wanted to throw it out there. I know it's above $100. But hey, it's a great and well made wallet.

16. Tomisin macrumors newbie

Wallet

A great wallet, that I already got for myself and my dad, are the Braithwaite wallets. They are very unique, stylish and durable.
    A link to their website is http://www.braithwaitewallets.com/
    So check it out, I strongly recommend it!