Wallmounting Thunderbolt Display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by JockeO, Feb 14, 2013.

1. JockeO macrumors newbie

Hello!
    I have a small project for a client that wants a couple of 27" Thunderboltdisplays mounted as flat as possible against a wall. I found the VESA-kit but my question is HOW tight will the screen front actually be from the wall? The sleekest vesamount i have found builds 7mm, and I guess the VESA-kit adds 10-15mm? but how thick is the display itself?
    Anyone done this trick and could pass me the actual wall to front of screen measurements? (Pref. in metric) Is there an issue regarding cabling doing this?
    Thanks in advance.
    /J

2. dma550 macrumors 6502

Yeah, I am interested in this as well. It looks like their is easily a 20-30mm bump from some of the adapters I have seen on ebay.

3. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

keep in mind when you do this its against fire code to place an extension cord inside your wall. if you do this and you cause a fire your insurance wont pay for it.

4. JockeO thread starter macrumors newbie

Its for a temporary trade show. Just plain board walls that i can look behind to locate any eventual fire hazard ;-) The question is if I have to recess the screens into the wall or if they are "flush enough" for the client anyway. I'd like to have the correct measurements to put in my 3D drawing to decide how to do. Might end up going to an apple store and figure it out hands on...
    Anyway thanks for your concern, and the heads up :)