Wallpaper always changing

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Failurbydesign, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Failurbydesign macrumors regular

Failurbydesign

Since I have done a fresh install of 10.9 every time i switch accounts my wallpaper always changes to a previous wallpaper I have used. But if I log into the user with other users logged out, it will show the last wallpaper I have selected. This happens on all three of the accounts I have setup.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

2. MacUser2525 macrumors 68000

MacUser2525

System Preferences -> Desktop & Screen Saver -> Desktop option then make sure it is not set to change automatically.

3. Failurbydesign thread starter macrumors regular

Failurbydesign

It's not.

4. MacUser2525 macrumors 68000

MacUser2525

Damn I'm out of ideas on that then.

5. Failurbydesign thread starter macrumors regular

Failurbydesign

Me too!

6. Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

Where are your desktop pictures stored in each acct?
    I keep mine in a "desktop pics folder" inside the Pictures folder.
    I don't use iPhoto saved images for desktops, don't even know if it's possible, as I haven't opened iPhoto in years.
    When I accidentally deleted contents of my Pictures folder the other day, including my "desktop pics folder", the Mac started giving me random screen backgrounds each time I booted. Restoring the contents to Pictures folder, and re-selecting the right desktop pics fixed the problem.

Perhaps your Mac is getting confused about exactly where the desktop pics for some of your accts are located, and doing it's best by picking a random image from what it thinks is a reasonable location. You're not keeping background pictures for one acct in a folder belonging to a different acct, are you?

7. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

With a Finder window open, or at least with the Finder menu up, click on Go then hold Option and click Library. Go the the Preferences folder and locate com.apple.desktop.plist and move it to your desktop. Log off then back on. You may need to reset your desktop preferences this time but it should stick. If that works, you can now move the file from your desktop to the trash.