Wallpaper and Icons in Wired Cydia Article

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by havenhamilton, Aug 7, 2009.

1. havenhamilton macrumors 6502

[​IMG]
    I downloaded Deep which has most of the stuff but I would love to get the wallpaper, calendar and keep my phone icon and some other ones. Anyone know where to find these and how to keep some old icons?

2. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Funny...I did the same thing today when I saw the article...found Deep and starting adding icons to my mostly Classica theme. Now I have a hybrid, but it's a little busy. Like Sammy Haggar, I Like Red!

Attached Files:

3. havenhamilton thread starter macrumors 6502

how do you add just specific icons?

4. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

I'm on a pc, so I used the google program iPhone Browser. It basically acts as a windows explorer for your iPhone when connected via USB. I copy the icon I want from one theme's folder, then replace the one in my current theme (Classica for me). It can be a bit tedious, but it's very simple to do. Once I finished, I saved a copy of my entire Classica folder to my pc so I would have it if I ever upgraded and lost my "custom" theme.

I also just realized you can "drag and drop" from your pc to the iphone browser...very handy as I was overwriting icon files that I would never use to introduce new ones. Live and learn!

S

5. havenhamilton thread starter macrumors 6502

Where are the original icons?

6. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

That I'm not sure of, but if you are using WinterBoard to "theme up" your phone, you never touch the base icons. Those are part of the system and the programs themselves (I believe). Whatever you decide to apply via Winterboard overrides the stock icons. When you turn off or remove Winterboard themes, your stock icons will return.

Hope that makes sense.

7. havenhamilton thread starter macrumors 6502

8. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

OMG! That's MY dock!!! :D

I just checked the .psd and I made it on February 11, 2008. After posting it here (?) and at MacThemes, it was quickly re-distributed and used by a number of people for subsequent theme releases, and I still see it from time to time in screenshots. But Wired magazine? That's kinda cool!! :)

As for the wallpaper, I think I actually have/had it - I'll check and see if I can find it.

9. havenhamilton thread starter macrumors 6502

wow thats awesome. please find it, i need it! btw i'm heading to japan in two weeks, any suggestions on places i should visit other than Tokyo and Osaka?

10. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Yeah, Nikko is cool and so is Kyoto!

Anyway, here's the WP. I knew I had it somewhere!

[​IMG]

11. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Very cool to get your work recognized, congrats! And thanks for posting that wallpaper...It will be used!!

12. havenhamilton thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the wallpaper and the advice.

13. Pared macrumors 65816

That's definitely not the same wallpaper. The pic-taker may have modified it a bit.

14. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS (White, 32GB): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

You're right. Flipped? Mirrored? Actually, why go to that trouble - it's probably a different wallpaper altogether. :(

15. havenhamilton thread starter macrumors 6502

true but it actually looks great on your iphone.

16. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS (White, 32GB): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

You mean the one I posted or the one in the pic?

17. FCDP macrumors regular

Where can I find that dock? It looks great with that background.

18. pabst504 macrumors newbie

theme name

what is the theme name of the theme that macrumors is using in the main story? and can i get it in cydia