iPhone Wallpaper bug STILL in GM?!

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by NickyLanzz, Sep 11, 2013.

1. NickyLanzz, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013

NickyLanzz macrumors regular

Pretty disappointed about this still. Can't use regular photos yet cause of photo sizing issue ): hopefully the next update it will be fixed already!

2. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Switch Parallax off and the wallpaper will work.

3. NickyLanzz thread starter macrumors regular

Oh wow thanks! Now if I fix the wallpaper and then switch parallax back on will it stay?

4. NickyLanzz thread starter macrumors regular

Btw I did switch parallax off, still not working :(.

5. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

Can you provide a screenshot of the issue?

6. NickyLanzz thread starter macrumors regular

Its difficult SSing the issue. Its the wallpaper bug everybody has been experiencing throughout the whole beta. When you choose one of your own photos you have taken or saved on the internet to use as your wallpaper, you cannot size it. It auto-zooms in and you cannot zoom out. So basically you gotta use apples default wallpapers, or deal with your photo being zoomed in hardcore and being pixelated as your wallpaper :(.

7. DariusX macrumors regular

Sigh...for the last time...this is not a bug. This is done intentionally for the parallax effect to work. If you don't like it, go to accessibility and turn on reduce motion

You are welcome, now you can stop whining.

If that doesn't work, you need to reset all settings because I have 5 iOS devices running iOS 7 with no such "bug"

8. NickyLanzz thread starter macrumors regular

No need to get testy haha... I happened to do all the steps you named 5 times thus far like I stated above ^_^.

9. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

You are both right. With Reduced Motion turned on, the picture I selected zoomed in until the top and bottom of the picture were at the top and bottom of the screen cutting off the sides. When I turned Reduced Motion off, the picture zoomed in even more also cutting off the top and bottom of the picture. In both cases I was not able to zoom out beyond that.

People simply want to be able to zoom out more like they used to be able to.

10. Krissypantz2828 macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

So stupid, then why couldnt they make it work with parallax. I also have this issue! So pretty much I have to pick one or the other!

11. NickyLanzz thread starter macrumors regular

Agreed