Wallpaper change without iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spinstorm, Oct 20, 2007.

1. spinstorm macrumors 65816

I would like to change my wallpaper without using iTunes to sync up my photos or summerboard or a similar program.

All I want is a little app which lets me save photos from safari into my photo gallery on the phone so I can simply choose any photo as a wallpaper!

Does any such app exist? And if not then how about someone make one? As that would be useful!

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Can't you just make a new folder of pictures you like, then sync that folder with iTunes?

That program doesn't exist.

3. spinstorm thread starter macrumors 65816

I know it doesnt and thats why I want an app for that!

There are apps for everything else so a simple wallpaper app would be brilliant!

4. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Simple?

It needs to be built into the iPhone. Like a 3rd party app. So until the official SDK, or you use a hacked iPhone (and someone makes the app) you're out of luck.

5. spinstorm thread starter macrumors 65816

sorry I was not clear I have a hacked iPhone so I meant an app for that!

It just strikes me as odd when there are third party apps for everything else that a simple wallpaper tool doesn't exist yet!

6. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Well it's a little more complicated then that.

You have to be able to actually download the image from the internet, somehow code it to where it will save it directly to the wallpaper directory, then code it to be able to adjust how big / where you want the image on the iPhone background.

OR

Sync a wallpaper folder through iTunes.