Wallpaper editing

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Supernerd, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Supernerd macrumors member

I am not very happy with the wallpaper systems in iOS 7. I know they love their pretty little parallax effect with the app icons, but it's a poorly implemented gimmick and it eats about a third of the wallpaper resolution to frame it properly. I turned it off, but that wallpaper still gets cut down. Could somebody offer me a way to add a margin to the bottom of the wallpaper to compensate so I can actually put my wallpaper where I damn well please? I have Gimp and preview.

Other than that, very pleased with iOS 7, more so than I thought I would be.

2. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

I don't like how you can't zoom in or out on your wallpapers.

3. Joybulb macrumors regular

Joybulb

I agree, the new wallpaper setup is a suckfest. It's so bad that it feels glitchy when you're trying to adjust the image. Where is Jobs when you need him?

4. devman macrumors 65816

devman

template here http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1647464

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

You seriously think Jobs would have made a difference? Did you forget he was present when Antenna-gate happened with the iPhone 4?

6. Joybulb macrumors regular

Joybulb

The antenna thing (not sure why people add Gate to the end of every issue that pops up) was a hardware issue that wasn't easily identifiable without real world testing by the masses. The background thing is a clear oversight that could easily have been corrected had someone taken the time to consider how people would feel about it(what Steve did). So yes.

7. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I have to disagree with you. Given how much drastic changes have taken place in iOS 7 and how many issues need to be addressed the wallpaper is way at the bottom of the priority list.