boston04and07

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 13, 2008
Not that long ago, I found the folder that contains all the wallpaper backgrounds - I think it was somewhere in the Library? Anyways, after I found it, I added some of my own wallpaper images to the folder, so that they showed up in the pre-set folders of Nature, Plants, Abstract, etc, and not in my New Desktop Wallpapers folder. Well, now I have some new backgrounds I want to add, and for the life of me I can't remember where I found that folder before! I looked in the Library and the closest thing there is the Screensavers folder, but no wallpapers. Anyone know where this is located??

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
/Library/Desktop Pictures

it's your root directory library not your user library.

EDIT: Beaten to it. Anyway why not just add picture folders instead of messing with the library?

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 13, 2008
Yeah, I definitely looked in both libraries and it's not there... weird. Probably from me messing with it!
It's no big deal, I already added another folder, but I just thought it was neat having them all organized like that... ohwell!

frenchwhorne

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2009
Yeah, I definitely looked in both libraries and it's not there... weird. Probably from me messing with it!
It's no big deal, I already added another folder, but I just thought it was neat having them all organized like that... ohwell!

try going to the "Go" dropdown and clicking on the Go To Folder...
then type the directory in there. worked for me.

slvn

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2013
Desktop & screensaver folder aren't in my desktop anymore

Hi

just want to know how this can be possible...my desktop & screensaver folder aren't there anymore...i'm really sure that i didn't delete it !!!

please help me! thank you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.