Wallpaper from Lion SERVER

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by acikas, Jun 11, 2011.

1. acikas macrumors newbie

does anyone have the lion server wallpaper, looks better than the standard lion wallpaper :D

2. acikas thread starter macrumors newbie

3. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

The galaxy wallpaper is in the server install. Or I should say it is in the DP4 client install as well I think.

4. acikas thread starter macrumors newbie

what do you mean?

5. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

If you are looking for the galaxy wallpaper it is in both the client and server version of DP4.

6. acikas thread starter macrumors newbie

i dont have the DP4, but if you have the lion server DP, can you please post the lion server wallpaper?

7. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Got it. Someone posted the link, it will be in my post above this.

8. acikas thread starter macrumors newbie

9. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

I'm seeing the same thing. The only wallpaper on that page is the galaxy one and the post links to it.

10. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

Different how exactly? I can't spot any differences.

11. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Either can I and I actually spent a couple minutes looking. Oh well. I tried :D

12. celticpride678

Sorry to break it to you, but they are the same. The image on Apple's website is just much clearer than the one posted here.

13. acikas thread starter macrumors newbie

no, the color tones of the galaxy are brighter

14. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

Because they depict screens, processed the image, added some highlights in the corner, etc. Bottom line: the image that was linked to is the wallpaper that ships, so you won't find any other version. If you don't like it, simply open up an image editor and change the brightness.

15. acikas thread starter macrumors newbie

dude im searching for the original, of course you can do it with an image editor

16. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

Ok, dude, good luck.

17. Takuro macrumors 6502

Takuro

I know it's been said before, but the wallpaper depicted on the OS X Server page is the same as that which is included with Developer Preview 4. Server and normal client variants of the OS use the same background image since Lion is breaking an old trend. The two are no longer shipping as separate entities. Rather "server" is now designated as an add-on to the normal client.

Also, just my two-bits about why this confusion may have occurred:

1) Apple uses computer renderings of the computers and displays in their marketing pictures. The wallpaper looks crisper and more vibrant because some guy spent probably hours adjusting color and contrast to make it look perfect. In real life, the wallpaper is compressed for a lower file size, bigger and therefore fuzzier looking due to its scale, and slightly discolored due to random considerations such as the color settings on your display and ambient light hitting the screen itself.

2) In almost all marketing pictures of Lion, a window is in the middle of the screen blocking the giant annoying yellow iris of the galaxy's vortex. Believe it or not, this makes the wallpaper seem more balanced looking than it does in real life in terms of colors and whatnot.

18. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

dude, you must be bugging out or something. client and server wallpapers are exactly the same (pixel by pixel).

some people. :rolleyes: