Wallpaper from stored photos?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by The Tos, Mar 22, 2011.

1. The Tos macrumors 6502a

I am not sure if there is a theme out there or if something like this already exists... Is it possible to play a slideshow of your photos in a specific album as an active wallpaper on your springboard or lockscreen? Or is there a tweak or theme out there that does this?

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

There is a tweak called WallpaperAutoChanger that automatically changes your wallpaper on your phone. It sorta accomplishes what you're looking to do. I tried it once but, for some reason, didn't work on my phone. It's free so might wanna try that out and see if that works for you.

EDIT: There's also a Winterboard theme called Wallpaper Rotation ToD as well. It only allows you to autochange between 6 wallpapers though and I'm sure you could swap out the default ones for ones in your photo album or something.

3. The Tos thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you for the reply. Ill def check it out.

4. nickrinaldi macrumors regular

i use bosspaper, have hundreds of wallpapers randomly changing , you can set it to go in order as well

5. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

wow awesome never knew about this app, thanks for the mention

6. TrulyYuki macrumors 6502

TrulyYuki

I didn't find the wallpaperAutoChanger. I found the Wallpaper Rotation ToD but that didn't work quite like I hoped. It cancelled out my LS theme.

7. dudeabiding macrumors 6502

dudeabiding

If you have an HTML theme, it won't let those things work, as it's calling up a specific wallpaper. If you uncheck your HTML theme, it might. I used to use BossPaper, but it got wonky when iOS4 was released and I haven't tied it since.

8. cristovao macrumors 6502a

cristovao

Yeah, I too used BossPaper on 4.3.1 and it never worked quite right. Sad because in theory, it was perfect.