Wallpaper issues on iPod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LikuidMetal, Dec 7, 2010.

1. LikuidMetal macrumors regular

LikuidMetal

I am unable to change my wallpaper on my iPod touch. The wallpaper is black no image. like my iPhone my iPod does not display to, set as Lock Screen, Set as Home Screen or to set Both. Can someone please help. I have another iPod and it gives me the same options as m iPhone does, but my wife's iPod will not.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

What version firmware is the iPod running? It's size and generation?

3. LikuidMetal thread starter macrumors regular

LikuidMetal

3rd gen
    8gb
    ver - 4.2.1

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

3G 8Gb iPod Touches are actually 2G iPod Touches, and because of this, they don't do many of the iOS 4.0 things. Like multitasking and background images. The only way to get it on there is to jailbreak it.

5. LikuidMetal thread starter macrumors regular

LikuidMetal

When we bought them I was able to add wallpapers and now we can't. why could we do it before and not now?

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Wallpapers on the homescreen? The iPod Touch 2G (and 8Gb, 3G) was never able to do it, without jailbreaking it.

7. LikuidMetal thread starter macrumors regular

LikuidMetal

Man thats way wearied. Because we were able to change it before the last two updates back when we got the in July. Now, poooof it option was gone. :eek:

8. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

No idea how it was able to do that. Did you buy it direct from Apple or from a place from eBay?

9. LikuidMetal thread starter macrumors regular

LikuidMetal

Directly from Apple here in North Texas, my wife had always changed her wallpaper until recently. Been fighting with it for a while now. I'm wondering of the updates changed the settings on it? Possibly, may be?

10. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I'm not sure. I've never use a 3G 8Gb iPod Touch on 4.0.X, only on 4.1. I do know that the settings to change the homescreen wallpaper on 4.1 is not there. You may have to wait for some other people to share their experiences.

11. LikuidMetal thread starter macrumors regular

LikuidMetal

Well thank you very much for your help. It would be nice to change it but it's not the end of the world. The Wife uses it for music and to have some pic's of the family. It serves its purpose. Thanks again Intell!