Wallpaper keeps going back to default after reboot

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by veteq, Nov 27, 2011.

1. veteq macrumors member

I did some searching around but haven't been able to find a solution that works. I use 5 "desktops", very time I reboot the computer, the wallpaper goes back to default. What am I missing? never had this issue with Snow leopard.

thanks

2. veteq thread starter macrumors member

3. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

4. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

I have the same problem with the wallpaper reverting to the galaxy IF I set the wallpaper as a picture linked from a network drive. If I use a picture from the local hard drive then it remains. I think this is a bug, one among many.

5. veteq, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2011

veteq thread starter macrumors member

Lion is the most bugged OS I ever used. I am rebooting my computer on a daily
    bases, 12GIG of ram on a I7 machine and swaps all the time. I was used to this type of issues from microsoft products ...

6. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

It's best to keep the background pic on the OS drive. If a 2nd drive no matter where it is gets temporarily un mounted, the pic goes next reboot.

7. veteq thread starter macrumors member

I called apple yesterday and they weren't able to figure out the problem. After I hang up the phone I thought to myself. Is it possible that the OS loads the Wallpaper before it mounts the drives? the Wallpapers were on a drobo device.
    I moved the wallpapers to the main drive and the problem was solved. You are spot on... It was the location of the files.

thanks