Wallpaper keeps going back to default after reboot

veteq

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
I did some searching around but haven't been able to find a solution that works. I use 5 "desktops", very time I reboot the computer, the wallpaper goes back to default. What am I missing? never had this issue with Snow leopard.

thanks

Frosties

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2009
Sweden
I have the same problem with the wallpaper reverting to the galaxy IF I set the wallpaper as a picture linked from a network drive. If I use a picture from the local hard drive then it remains. I think this is a bug, one among many.

veteq

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
Lion is the most bugged OS I ever used. I am rebooting my computer on a daily
bases, 12GIG of ram on a I7 machine and swaps all the time. I was used to this type of issues from microsoft products ...

Last edited:

xgman

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2007
It's best to keep the background pic on the OS drive. If a 2nd drive no matter where it is gets temporarily un mounted, the pic goes next reboot.

veteq

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
It's best to keep the background pic on the OS drive. If a 2nd drive no matter where it is gets temporarily un mounted, the pic goes next reboot.
I called apple yesterday and they weren't able to figure out the problem. After I hang up the phone I thought to myself. Is it possible that the OS loads the Wallpaper before it mounts the drives? the Wallpapers were on a drobo device.
I moved the wallpapers to the main drive and the problem was solved. You are spot on... It was the location of the files.

thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.