Wallpaper not same on all dekstops?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by petrucci666, Sep 27, 2011.

1. petrucci666 macrumors 6502a

We all get the Andromeda Galaxy wallpaper by default on Lion.

I changed mine to something different and it stays that way on that particular desktop, but when I switch to another desktop it displays the default Andromeda wallpaper. When I switch back to the desktop I was on, the wallpaper I changed it to is still there.

Glitch or is there a way to fix it?

2. AmbiguousNinja macrumors regular

AmbiguousNinja

It's not a glitch, it's a feature. I see no reason why anyone would hate it because it allows you to customize your mac a bit more. A fast way to change all of the desktops is change the first one, delete all of the other ones and create new desktops (the new ones will be the same as your first one)

3. Rob.G macrumors 6502

Rob.G

All my existing desktops will revert to the new one on Desktop 1 after a reboot.

I think it's annoying though, since I keep all eleven of my desktops up at all times, full of apps.

Rob

4. AmbiguousNinja macrumors regular

AmbiguousNinja

Okay, now THAT shouldn't be happening. I'd google that a bit and find a solution.

5. HarryPot macrumors 6502a

There are some things I just don't get about Lion.

Apple has always been about simplicity, and Mission Control is not there yet. Having different wallpapers shouldn't be the rule, but the exception. It's nice for certain apps were you don't want distracting wallpapers. But most people don't need this, most people want to change their wallpapers once and be done with it.

Also, what happens when you delete a desktop? will the apps which were in desktop 3 still be there when I create desktop 3 again? Or will I have to move them there again?