Wallpaper question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by KentuckyHouse, Jan 5, 2011.

1. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Alright, so I've gotten to where I'm now convinced I've acquired "Theme OCD" (obsessive-compulsive disorder), particularly when it comes to my lockscreen. :D I've got probably 20 different themes in Winterboard that I like to change on a daily basis (if not more often).

However some themes, as you know, come with a pre-existing wallpaper installed. I like to changed not only my theme, but also my wallpaper quite often and I like the convenience of being able to select it from the photo roll, respring, and move on.

I know I can change these "static wallpaper" themes by changing the .png or .jpeg in the actual theme, but that can be a bit tedious on the fly.

I'm learning as I go on how the coding works when it comes to a theme and have no problem changing things around, but I'm by no means a pro. In other words, I don't know the "layout" of the code (if there's a basic formula that designers kinda follow to make a theme work).

NOW...with all that being said...my question is this...

Is there some specific line of code in EVERY theme (particularly lockscreen ones) that I can change so I can set my own wallpaper from the photo roll? If so, what line of code would that be and what line of code would I need to substitute to accomplish this?

This may be a pretty stupid and noobish question, but I'm still learning and I figure this is something that could come in pretty handy.

Thanks for any help! :D

2. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

What I do is sync a folder through iTunes and put any wallpapers that I like in there. Then, delete any wallpapers from the theme's folder so it doesn't automatically get applied through WinterBoard.

If you do that you can choose the wallpaper that came with the theme, or switch to another, whenever you'd like.

3. dgstan macrumors 6502a

I have done this with success.

Another thing you can do is hardcode the html file to display your current background.

Code:
    <style type="text/css">
    	body {
    		//font-family:"American Typewriter Condensed";
    		//font-family:"Trebuchet MS";
    		font-family:"Helvetica";
    		background-color: #000000;
    		margin: 0;
    		padding:0;
    		height: 480px;
    		width: 320px;
    [B][COLOR="Red"]		background-image: url(/private/var/mobile/Library/SpringBoard/LockBackground.jpg);[/COLOR][/B]
    		background-size: 61%;
    		color:#FFF;
    	}

4. KentuckyHouse thread starter macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Thanks you all. I really appreciate the responses (and I even understood most of it...:D).

I'll give both of these a shot and see which one works the best for my application. If I get confused, I'll get back to you.

5. rez1982 macrumors newbie

i have the same problem..
    if u can help me to find solution
    and as u say i've go to folder /springboard ,,
    i didn't find it, u can see the picture of my folder

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i hope to help me for this..

thanks..