Wallpaper question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by markel253, May 24, 2008.

1. markel253 macrumors regular

When I set a new wallpaper photo, it shows as the wallpaper on the LOCKED screen, but the background of where the icons are remains black.

Is this the way it is supposed to work, or is the wallpaper supposed to show here as well?

If so - is there a setting I am missing?

2. bbbensen macrumors 6502

There is no way to have the background show up behind the icons without hacking it. The background is only suppose to be on the lock screen.

3. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Hopfully the ability to add wallpapers to the icon screen will be added with software version 2.0. This firmware will hopefully be released on June 9th at WWDC, but it was said to be released "late June".

4. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Sorry for the double post.

No, don't hack it. Most hacking features will be available easier and stabler in June, and again, hacking causes many issues of instability. Wait till June, be cool. :cool:

5. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

And in what way is Jailbreaking illegal?

You might as well just jailbreak it..... It's not a permanent thing...

EDIT: There is an edit button BTW....

6. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Sorry about the illegal thing, that always slips out, it's not really. I just find the idea of it very stupid, I guess it really doesn't matter but I don't think true Apple fanboys would do it. Sorry about not editing.

Edit: Oh, and when jailbreaking not all traces of excess files and leftover things from jailbreaking applications are deleted when restoring back to a non-jailbroken version. It's been proven somewhere. :D

7. markel253 thread starter macrumors regular

Hi guys! Thanks for the replies ...

At this point, I think I will leave things as is - not that I have a problem with hacking it (I have been playing around with computer OS's since I built my first computer in the very early 80's ... though the term hacking had a much more negative meaning back then), but this is simply not a big deal for me.