Wallpaper Scale Bug

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Reddkryten, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Reddkryten macrumors 6502

Hello,

I have just spotted a new bug, I was wondering if anyone else knows about it, or even a fix.

Whenever I try to change my wallpaper using an image from my photo album, ios begins to stutter. It opens the "scale and move" page, it allows me to move the image for a second before locking up, occasionally twitching and moving the image in random directions.

Does anyone else have this problem?

2. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

Yeah, I have this exact problem. It does this on my iPhone 5 and iPad 3. It's as if there's not enough power in the CPU to edit a picture. I turned off any sort of parallax effect in the General > Accessibility part and it doesn't change it.

Unbelievable that this is a bug, because it makes it run like it's running on an iPhone 1, it's that chuggy and laggy, totally out of control.

It won't even let me "set as" under any options after some editing. It does nothing at all when I press those options. Oh, but "cancel" works just fine. :|

Does anybody have any other solutions or is this a complete bug?

3. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

wallpaper scaling worked fine in the earliest betas until beta 3. it till is not fixed.

4. sigamy macrumors 65816

5. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

I thought this was fixed by turning parallax off? This has been discussed numerous times.

6. PassMeAGuinness macrumors member

Negative. Turning the Parallax off, just makes the situation slightly better. The wallpaper is still stretched, and the fit is not center and just, as it was previously.

Indeed, it must be a bug, on the iPhone 4s, at least.

7. Jambalaya macrumors 6502a

Yes have same problem on 4S, it was the first thing I noticed when phone finished updating. I wondered if it was specific to 4S but apparently not. A bit worrying that something like this exists in the "big launch release"