Wallpaper shifts...anyone else?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by CosmoPilot, Sep 30, 2013.

1. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

New iP5S. With reduce motion set to off (default), my home screen wallpaper shifts/jumps from time to time. It doesn't do it all the time, but about 50% of the time. It does this when switching to or from home screens to multitasking.

Is anyone else experiencing this? It's almost as if the wallpaper is trying to resize itself from time to time.

If I turn reduce motion ON, it fixes this issue.

The shift/jump occurs with any wallpaper selected. I'm hopeful it's a slight bug and will be fixed in a software update.

2. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

3. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

It's the parallax effect, it's supposed to look cool. [​IMG]

4. Decbaux macrumors newbie

He's not referring to just parrallax.. I've seen it too.

It's like the wallpaper thinks its at the wrong 'end' of the movement area, and when you go back to the home screen it instantly jumps across. It only takes a split second and then the normal movement comes back.

it's jarring though when it happens.

5. eric3312 macrumors 6502

You're not the only one. I experience it too.

6. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Too bad parallax looks nothing like this animation.

7. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

That's the parallax effect correcting it's alignment.

8. CosmoPilot thread starter macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

Fairly certain this is an iOS7 bug. Just read another post about parallax. Half the people in that thread mention the same issue.

This is not a normal part of the parallax experience. Again, this only happens about 50% of the time when switching between the home screen and the multi-tasking view (and vise versa).

9. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

It's as if everything on the home screen has a preset code telling each item it has to be X pixels away from something else. The icons will constantly jump up or to the side pixel by pixel until it finds it's correct place some time later. I've noticed that if I have a notification for mail (my top left icon) the icons will be lower than other times as to not run into the status bar. That was all jabber and might not make sense but it's all very weird.

10. CosmoPilot thread starter macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

Yep, exactly. Hopefully Apple supplies a fix soon.

11. BrentD macrumors regular

It's the parallax effect in combination with the animations when switching between apps, the app switcher, etc. When the screen is in an animation like when you start an app, go to the app switcher, etc., the parallax effect is frozen where it is when that animation begins. When the animation ends, your phone is tilted a bit differently, so once the 'frozen' background image of the animation goes back to the active background, the active one is in a different position than it was when the animation started and the background was frozen. Try it with your phone on a flat surface instead of in your hand and you'll see it doesn't do the "jump" in the background you're referring to. IMO, I wish they'd get rid of those transition animations all together, as they're annoying to wait on and they disable any touch interaction until they finish.

12. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

It is this!

its not a bug

13. fifi77 macrumors regular

14. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Being newly acquainted to iOS7 at the same time I got my 5s, I just assumed this was a weakness of the Parallax functionality. Good to know it doesn't have to look like that and it might even get fixed. Coming from an iPhone 4, this is still an amazing jump in performance!

15. BrentD macrumors regular

So at one time during the beta process it didn't do this. Wonder if anyone stopped to think that maybe they found leaving the motion enabled during the animations degraded performance and they changed it to function the way we've noticed it now?

16. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Exactly. The actual parallax effect in ios7 looks like a knockoff of the advertised version.