Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnscully

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2010
Hi,

'cause I really like the "Solar Gradient" Wallpaper which Apple introduced in macOS Mojave, I want to use it with the iPhone and iPad. But Apple doesn't offer it – or any "dynamic" wallpaper whatsoever – for iDevices. Is there a way to use it anyway with the iPhone? All the third-party-wallpapers with gradient content I found are inferior quality-wise. Found some similar looking wallpaper on my old iPhone 4s (iOS 9; the middle row in the screenshot), but I don't know how to extract the wallpaper to my new iPhone SE with iOS 13. Anybody any idea?

Attachments

• IMG_0001.png
    IMG_0001.png
    376.9 KB · Views: 1,498

johnscully

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2010
Thanks. But these are examples of the inferior quality which I mentioned. When you look really close you see distortions (especially the blue one), which the original wallpapers from apple don‘t have.

johnscully

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2010
A bit, but unfortunately there still distortions visable between the color transitions.

oVerboost

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom
I think sadly you may be out of luck unless someone has them saved in high quality which is doubtful.

If you search for HD gradient wallpapers you may be able to find something similar at least.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.